Rocksmith+

E3 is going on right now, and so developers are making announcements. Ubisoft is coming out with an update to Rocksmith which will be out this summer. Won’t need that annoying cable, just an amp and a phone, though you can also connect into a PC.

Not a lot of detail yet, but they are taking applications for the closed beta still.

8 Likes

If they fix the lag maybe I’ll buy it. I’ll for sure wait for some reviews to come in.

2 Likes

I hope they have the option for ASIO input. I tried that mobile phone mic input with Yousician, and it worked rather terrible on my phone.

I am using ASIO input on Rocksmith 2014, it works like a charm without noticable lag.

I guess I’ll apply for the beta to take a look.

Edit: I just checked their website: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/rocksmith/plus/game-detail
It will support the old real tone cable, but also third-party interfaces that aren’t closer specified. I bet the Focusrite Scarlett will work.

Edit2: Oh, it will be a subscription service. Not sure if I like that.

4 Likes

I’m having an issue or two with the Yousician app too even after I discovered you can alter the input mic from headset to iPad :flushed:
Very frustrating when you know you’re playing the notes but the bloody thing isn’t “hearing “ them

3 Likes

Meh. It’s the way the world is going. Fender Player is $10 per month, if this is more they won’t have many subs. I don’t like it personally, but I spend more time in Rocksmith than watching Netflix. If I pick it up I would probably cancel a subsciption to something else.

And you wouldn’t have to buy those annoying DLCs anymore.

4 Likes

The subscription idea was something I put to the Yousician customer service but they put a dampener on that

1 Like

@Wombat-metal subs will be $15 per month or $99 per year.

3 Likes

LOL nope. Can get a AAA game for less than that, which this will not be.

2 Likes

That’s a bit high

4 Likes

I agree with this (what company wouldn’t want recurring revenue?), but I still don’t like it.

I guess it’s an “I’m old” thing, but I want to buy things - not rent them forever.

Also, I won’t play it enough to justify subscribing, so I guess I’m not their demographic, even though I own and enjoy their previous versions…

3 Likes

I’ll buy a sub if it is reasonable. But I prefer not to.

5 Likes

I’m sorry Fender’s player is terrible. I have a free 3 months with all the Musicians at their disposal the quality of music and lessons are pretty lame. They could have easily crushed their competitors but this feels like an afterthoughts.

5 Likes

I’m glad it’s not just me that dislikes Fender Play @Al1885 .
Really did not like a thing about it

6 Likes

The PC version of yousician has ASIO support out of the box and it works like a charm with my Behringer 404HD.

1 Like

Yeah, I checked Yousician out, but they don’t really have the stuff I like. So doesn’t work for me. But I can confirm that it works with a Focusrite Scarlett.

3 Likes

Yeah fender play was terrible. It says it all that I had a three month free trial and stopped using it after a week.

I’m on the fence about rocksmith+. I loved the last one and had done a survey about future games which suggested subscription was the way they were heading.

At the price they are coming into direct competition with Yousician and fenderplay but also a lot of more traditional courses and music tuition.

From what I’ve seen it looks to be distancing itself from being a game. While it’s fun playing games I feel you’d get more value signing up to an actual course as over 12 months youre probably going to learn more

The content will be key and it depends how good the lessons are and how much of the library is stuff people want to play

Being able to connect a DI is great but not having cross play for a subscription feels criminal. Imagine Netflix saying you can only watch stuff on a phone and not your TV. I want to be able to play on my Xbox and pc and my mobile and for that price locking it to one system seems a cashgrab

4 Likes

@Wombat-metal perhaps people need to be high to play the game as well lol

@Mac i am with you. I tried Fender Play a few years ago and I really disliked it. I mean it really sucks rhinoceros penis. I stopped playing bass at first thinking it was me and not the lessons. Glad I found B2B and gave it another chance.

2 Likes

I’m a Rocksmith fan, but if it’s a subscription I’m out. Yousician has tab and notation, so if you’re paying monthly might as well get the benefit of learning to read music.

4 Likes

100 bucks a year with about half in metal songs, may be not. Put some Jaco, or more bass forward songs and we are negotiating.

2 Likes