Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Yeah, we are among others here, that is for sure.

7 Likes

I’m not crazy, and the mauve elephant that just cycled past can confirm it.

6 Likes

No Toby, @T_dub ,
your different form the rest, your into orange and stingrays :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
PS: not that is really anything wrong with that :thinking: :thinking:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome @Al1885
I did begin to wonder if you were @T_dub ‘s imaginary friend :wink::joy:

7 Likes

Welcome @Al1885 !

7 Likes

Welcome @garron.abernathy44 !

I feel like I’m sending you through the whole forum, but I’ve got a thread or two that might interest you as a gamer:

7 Likes

Thanks man I’ll check that out :+1:

6 Likes

Wow the finish looks killer on that I can imagine it coming to life under stage lighting , great job :clap:

6 Likes

It’s model paint, so I have to be very careful, even with a lacquer finish, not to bump it into anything or it’ll chip. Oddly enough, the color was the reason why I built it in the first place…going from turquoise to purple in light is a cool effect.

7 Likes

What did you use for the clearcoat?

4 Likes

Spray Lacquer. I asked Terry about it when I took it to him on Tuesday and he said spray was best because a brush would make the coat uneven but he also said polyurethane would have been better.

4 Likes

I was going to suggest spray lacquer clearcoat, yeah. A whole ton (like 5-10) of very thin coats.

Not sure what to do if it is still fragile or chippy after that :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m going to make another one sometime soon, so I’ll see about putting more lacquer on it.

5 Likes

More layers, not necessarily more lacquer.

5 Likes

Since I’ve posted elsewhere I might as well introduce myself :slight_smile: I’m a middle-aged latecomer to musicianship. I’ve been playing guitar for about 4 years and decided to dip my foot into bassy waters a few months ago. I’ve got a Squier Classic Vibe P Bass (just love that fat tone) and I’m about halfway through the B2B course, and really enjoying it. Trying to be REALLY disciplined with learning the alternate plucking, which is going OK, but it’s frustrating to try a riff I could easily play with a pick on guitar (and probably fairly easily with a pick on bass) and get a bit tangled up with the right hand. But I will persist! (I haven’t even tried a pick on the bass, even though I know it’s a perfectly valid technique and tone.) Hello all!

15 Likes

Welcome @pete_b

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @pete_b ,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Glad you are here @pete_b

5 Likes

Welcome @pete_b !

4 Likes

Well after busting my left shoulder a couple of months ago when coming off my bike I can finally hold my bass again and it’s great to be back. I hope you are all well :+1:

17 Likes