SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

I decided to sell my Yamaha TRBX605.
Yamaha TRBX605FM 5-String Natural Satin https://reverb.com/item/47721945?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=47721945

3 Likes

While I have listed my Reverb shop up above, I tend to more use Offer Up. I just listed a couple of basses, hereā€™s the link:

https://offerup.com/p/46328482

4 Likes

Added to the original post and updated the thread title.

3 Likes

Ok that accordion is beautiful. Iā€™ve always wanted to play one but havenā€™t a clue. Is it tough to learn?

4 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ve had it since I was in early elementary school.

Itā€™s tough to learn to play WELL. Which is not how I play, LOL. Basically, your left hand plays bass, and your right hand plays melody.

3 Likes

ā€¦ much like playing a piano, but with bellows,

@JustTim does accordion sheet music use the grand staff, similar to piano?

3 Likes

It does! Not that I could ever read it, LOL.

3 Likes

You wanna trade that Jazz bass for an Ibanez SRX 400?

You are not too far away from me, I am in Costa Mesa.
This is a fun as hell bass to play. When I pick it up I canā€™t put it down for a while, BUT, I have just become so accustomed to 21 frets that the 24 frets throw me off a bit. I have three other 24 fret basses, and I will play them if I ever need a 24 fret. I just like them better, they are both LTD, a Slayer Tom Araya signature and a B-4E, neck thru that I really really really love. and a Toby Jazz bass that Albert gave me as a gift that I really appreciate, and love having a bass with my name on it. I am thinking of doing a lipstick pick up on the neck, and try to get some more punk rock sounds out of it.

The Ibanez SRX 400 is I mint condition. anything that looks like a flaw on the photo is reflection, due to poor lighting in my place.
It is not Active preamp, but it has a battery for the Active Tone Control, which is not the same as a preamp, but it is really interesting.
The pick guard is amazing, and is like 3/16" thick roughly.

I get it if you just want money for yours, or if you are not interested in this bass. I kind of want money for the Ibanez, and have it listed on Offer Up for the same price you are asking for the Jazz bass.
I am just throwing it out there, if it doesnā€™t stick, no problem.
If I put it on Reverb, I am sure to sell it, I just rather do local and not pay the reverb fees.

I can PM you more photos if you want, and I can try to get better lighting or go outside in the sun with a stand to get the best pictures.

1 Like

@T_dub Thatā€™s such a cool bass. With that pickup, does it sound like one of your Music Man basses?

1 Like

I most certainly would like to trade the Jazz for the SRX. However, Iā€™m selling that stuff to make up for the Dimension purchase. If I trade for the SRX, Iā€™ll undoubtedly end up keeping it.

Let me think on the offer and get back to you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay. I just said something, out loud, I never, in my life, thought I would say.

I saw the price and thought, ā€œDang. I never realized a digeridoo was so expensive.ā€ Then I looked at the pictures of the artwork on it and saidā€¦

ā€œThatā€™s a really cool looking Digeridoo.ā€

4 Likes

So, for a long time several years ago, I was VERY into didgeridoos. At one point, I had 12 but now Iā€™m down to 3 (that one included). Of all the instruments Iā€™ve played over the years, the didgeridoo is the only one Iā€™m comfortable playing with or in front of other people. 'Course, I am a little out of practice.

That one originally cost me $550, and I had a couple that were up in the $700 range. You can get very inexpensive, US made didges of almost any material (wood, plastic, clay, one guy up in Joshua Tree made them from yucca trees), but the really expensive ones like the one I listed are harvested, built, and decorated in Australia, using traditional means by native Australians.

It really is. The pictures donā€™t do it justice.

3 Likes

Didgeridoos are commonly associated with hippies. You then post on here that your own Squier Jazz Bass smells of incense. Iā€™m not saying thereā€™s a connection but blaming someone else! Cā€™mon.
You can tell us. Youā€™re amongst friends.

4 Likes

Hahahahaaha!

Thatā€™s actually kinda why I got out of the didgeridoo world. When I first started playing, it wasnā€™t as hippie-associated and it was just a cool, eccentric instrument to play. But then jams with all sorts of musicians and instruments started becoming ā€œdrum circlesā€ with incense and hallucinogens and the like, and while I donā€™t begrudge anyone for experimenting and the like, that just wasnā€™t my scene.

I mean, I once jammed with a bagpiper, a sitar player (sitarist?), and a drummer with a 3-piece set. That was cool.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have to tell my youngest son about the didgeridoos being associated with hippies. He wanted one for a while, so a few years ago I got one of the non-expensive ones from Guitar Center. He is not any type of hippie (do they get MBAs? he just got one). Although he did have shoulder-length long golden curly locks in high school! :grin:

Not that he plays the didgeridoo very often, but he can get a sound out of it, at least.

4 Likes

Yes, those are called ā€œHipstersā€

6 Likes

Thanks Eric, it is very cool, but for reasons I explained, I just donā€™t get to playing it much, and it sits, and I figured I would sell it for investment money, but I would consider a trade for something I have never had, like a squire or Fender Jazz bass. That might get played more, or it may end up being sold or traded once again. Who knows til I get it in my hands at my house and give it some time. I certainly did give the SRX some love and playing time for a while, but when I got back to my go to bass, I stopped playing it almost completely.

I fully understand. I too could use cash vs. a trade, but like I said before, if a trade gets me something that I have never played before, or like another Ray 4 I could mod and flip, then I could go for that too.
Like I said, no pressure. Mine has been listed for a long time. I had one guy talking to me for like two weeks, saying how he had one, and regrets the day he ever let it go, and this one looks like the same one, and wondered if I had bought it off him a long time ago, or if I got it off a kid whoā€™s dad bought it for him. I did not get it from him or a kid, so pretty sure it is not the same bass. He actually planned to meet me on a Saturday at my place at 1 pm. He made the plans two days before hand, and after we set the time and place, I never heard from him again. People are strange, I wonder if he actually planned to purchase it, or if he was just trolling me? Who knows, who cares, I still have a cool bass to sell or trade.

1 Like

Ibanez SR500E-BM Bass Fretless Conversion https://reverb.com/item/48641982-ibanez-sr500e-bm-bass-fretless-conversion?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=48641982

2 Likes

Iā€™m selling my SBMM Ray24. Since i got my EBMM Stingray Iā€™ve pretty much stopped playing the Ray24.
Sterling StingRay Ray24CA Classic Butterscotch https://reverb.com/item/51026899?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=android-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=51026899

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to be listing this Quik-Lok GS-450 UNIVERSAL GUITAR STAND, but wanted to offer it to the Buzzers first. It holds 5 instruments and folds up for easy transportation to gigs etc. Itā€™s on casters, making it easy to move around.

ā€œLike Newā€ condition. $120 plus shipping to your zip code. PM me with your zip code if interested.
Retail new: $194

Iā€™ll hold it for a few days before listing on Reverb.

2 Likes