SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

Okay let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

5 Likes

you bought a bass???

somebody cue the ghostbusters cats are sleeping with dogs line :grimacing:

2 Likes

DON’T PANIC! I’m selling two instruments to compensate. Net result: 3 → 2 :rofl:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Cort is sold.

6 Likes

that was FAST

2 Likes

Yeah! Market might be picking up again? Who knows.

1 Like

After having my reverb shop for two years I’ve finally put something up for sale.

The GAS and Poor Decision Making Gear Shop | Reverb

Any tips from those of you that sell stuff online.

How do you get the money when an item sells?

2 Likes

The buyer pays Reverb and then after you ship the item Reverb pays you. If I remember correctly the payment takes a little while when you’re first starting out but they pay out faster once you’ve sold a few items and built a good reputation.

1 Like

I love the name of your shop! Perfect!

Nice pedal btw.

1 Like

If anybody on BassBuzz is interested, I will let it go for $200. New it’s $320+

@PamPurrs Thanks!
I thought it was funny but that might not be such a good idea when trying to sell things. Or it may attract attention. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

@joeike I get the basic process. I’m just not understanding how Reverb gets the funds to the seller. Am I supposed to put banking information in somewhere that I’m not seeing. I could be overthinking what I’m doing. That would not be strange for me. It’s probably something simple I’m missing.

1 Like

Not sure about reverb, but Mercari (the place I sell at) has an account for you it uses and you build a balance in it, and then transfer from there to your bank or wherever. They have recently launched their own payment service and moved sales proceeds to going in to it, so I basically just use my balance there to pay for other stuff.

eBay links to PayPal for similar effect.

1 Like

Yes, they pay directly to your bank account. I just checked the app and I don’t see anything on there for where the info goes. I’ll check my account on my computer and see if I can find it.

1 Like

That’s okay. I just found it. :+1:

1 Like

they pay out pretty quickly, i always let the funds sit in my account until i’m double sure the buyer is happy with the transaction and won’t try to demand a refund or anything.

2 Likes

It goes to your PayPal account. IIRC

1 Like

I do the same thing.

1 Like

Hey, so, I have to clear out some basses to pay for my Kiesel. I just listed my Carvin B5 and my Ibanez SR700 on Reverb, but I’d rather them go to a BassBuzzer. So if there’s any interest here, hit me up and we can wheel-and-deal. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Remind me please, is this the Carvin you’ve bought and sold twice or a different Carvin? :nerd_face:

8 Likes

Fair question!

4 Likes