SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

Even if it were, I would never advertise it here for fear of the ridicule of @John_E. :smiley:

That said, no, the Carvin I bought twice is remaining in my stable. It’s a B4, the four-string version of the B5 I am selling. It’s become something of a project bass, in that the neck has a bit of a twist in it, and I am exploring options to fix or replace it. I have a Warmoth neck on order for it, but I realized that in addition to routing the body for it to fit, I wouldn’t be able to use the Carvin tuners, as the Warmoth neck is 2x2 whereas the Carvin neck is inline 4. So
 hmm. But I digress, no, that’s a different Carvin.

4 Likes

No, that is the B4.
The B5 is just the other bass @JustTim said was never being sold

The B4
 only a matter of time folks
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Dude. How many of my posts have you screen-shot? LOL!

I am quite fond of the B5. But as it turns out
 I’m not much of a five-string player. The extra string doesn’t really do much for me. And since getting my Kiesel, having a redundant Carvin B* bass with an extra string that I don’t use doesn’t make sense.

Truth be told, I don’t want to sell any of them. I’d prefer to keep them all. But I’d rather have my Kiesel than either of these, so
 choices. :wink:

3 Likes

Just that one.
And I bet I use it again, lol.

3 Likes

You’re on. Stakes?

3 Likes

The man is an evidence machine! :rofl:

But we deserve it.

4 Likes

I have a near-mint Carvin B5 bass listed on Reverb. $650, including a Gator foam core case. I paid more than that for the bass alone, and I can’t stress how actually near mint this instrument is.

I just got an offer for it. $150.

WTAF.

Sorry, just grumbling.

3 Likes

Just searching for a patsy.

I have some weldable steel listed on FB marketplace, $400, but it’s been on for a while.

You wouldn’t believe how many people want it for free.

2 Likes

I just listed my Schecter SLS Elite-5. It’s a great bass but I have three 5 strings and I like the other two better.

4 Likes

TRBX is sold, for the same price I paid for it a few years ago. I love used gear.

A little bittersweet, it’s a great bass and I got a lot of mileage out of it.

edit: it turns out after checking I was wrong and actually turned a $20 profit on it. I love that; get a great bass, use it for years, get paid a Jackson for doing it :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m giving Sweetwater`s gear exchange a try. Here’s my first listing:
https://www.sweetwater.com/used/listings/47681-used-ns-design-end-pin-stand-conversion-kit

3 Likes

Just shipped it, and I no longer have a humbucker in my collection. Feels weird, wrong somehow :rofl:

That was a great bass. The problem is I have two other slightly greater basses now and I just wasn’t playing it. It was time to find it a home where someone would.

3 Likes

Looks like a nice marketplace platform. It has the same feeling as the Sweetwater website.

4 Likes

So, if anyone is looking for a Carvin, I guess, “project” bass, I listed my B4 (see this thread) on my Reverb shop. If you’re interested, hit me up here (or there) and we’ll work a “friends and family” kinda deal. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My latest listing: the Hofner Club, customized with black pick guard, red knobs over black control panel, and red truss rod cover. Includes hard shell case.
https://rvrb.io/2021-ignition-pro-nhe5yu

4 Likes

@joeike
@JustTim
@PamPurrs

GLWTS!

2 Likes

They look so cute together, I can’t stand the thought of breaking them up. I’m taking the Hofner Club off the market.

10 Likes

Good for you, Pam! That little guy is way cool and you wouldn’t recoup much if you sold it. It’s worth more than what you would get for it.

2 Likes

The Harley Benton JB is up for sale

If any BassBuzzer is interested, I can ship it, of course
 I don’t expect you to make the trip just to collect it. Unless you’re nearby to participate in the traditional town festival/chaotic mess also known as Oktoberfest :grin:

3 Likes

Hmm. Maybe we need another thread for trades?

Anyway, I’ve been thinking that I want to try out some form of a Stingray bass. Ernie Ball, Sterling, whatever. I’d be looking to trade my Carvin B50 five string, which is in this → ← close to mint condition. I love the B50, but I’m just not a five-string guy, and I don’t want a precision or jazz bass.

Anyway, if there’s any interest, let me know.

2 Likes