SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

https://help.offerup.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045196832-Letgo-is-now-part-of-OfferUp-#

3 Likes

Why not Sweetwater used exchange?

2 Likes

I would also try Facebook Marketplace.

I have great luck there.
It has essentially replaced Craigslist around here.

4 Likes

I tried that with a previous item I was selling and didn’t get a nibble.

2 Likes

Would eBay allow specifying local pickup?

2 Likes

They do in Australia @howard so I would imagine that it would be the same in the USA

1 Like

Same! :laughing:

Should do, yeah, I’ve often used that as an option, and met halfway if necessary, quicker and easier than boxing an instrument securely.
And safer than sending things out to be delivered

3 Likes

I use OfferUp almost every day. As a seller not much is moving but the trade game has been very strong lately. Have to ask a lot. Most folks are holding out for cash but I’ve been using it to upgrade or at leverage to something easier to sell or trade up in the future. And I’ve gotten to try lots of cool things in the process.

3 Likes

Was scrolling Reverb listings and came across this one…

The Steve Harris in the background caught my eye but then I thought it looked even more familiar It’s @Al1885 's shop! Now I must know more about this Steve Harris Bass! The dimension is quite nice as well!

6 Likes

It’s heavy, maple body and maple neck it’s not for a faint of heart. It’s denied and solid and it feels great to play.

I love the Steve Harris West Ham body the pinstripes is just gorgeous. Unlike other artist signature bass, this has a little room for me to wiggle. Also it’s a P bass the options are up for grab. The one in the picture was my first build, now I have my second build.

I love the Delano pickup so it’s a no brainer for me it’s still offer upfront immediate attack every as aggressive as the OEM signature pickup and more and since I don’t like to play with flats so I switched it out. Here’s my current build, I did black why not gold this time, lol.

5 Likes

That’s a great build Al! Thanks for detailing it for me. I love the look of the body with that gold pickguard. I could live without the West Ham logo though…lol

4 Likes

Awh! Not a West Ham fan? Lol. They are the greatest rugby team ever, or basketball, … cricket? Lol.

4 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye:

Hey @Al1885 you live in West Covina? I lived there for 2 years when I was in high school. Very close to Vine Elementary.

3 Likes

West Covina high? If yes you should have seen what they are doing with it now. It looks like a small university.

I went to south hills. My house is between the mall and the high school.

2 Likes

Just sold my EHX Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi. the money will be reinvested in a custom-made Stratocaster pickup.

8 Likes

I finally sold the Electro-Harmonix 22500 Dual Stereo Looper that’s been listed on Reverb for 7 months. This is my very first sale.

I am planning to ship with USPS. Anything I need to know to protect myself in this?

3 Likes

I have had nothing but good experiences selling on Reverb (aside for fees!). Even so, you may want to take pic of what is included with your sale, pack it well, and ship with a tracking number. Everyone I have sold to has been appreciative.

3 Likes

@eric.kiser I take a pic of from all sides before packing. Then pics of it being packed. I take a picture of the Post Office tracking receipt.

You can also set your Reverb return policy to be ‘No returns unless it’s damaged / different from described’.

I then send all those pictures to the buyer via the reverb message system. So he/she has pics of the thing, pics of how nicely it’s packed etc. I do this because I don’t want a return. The buyer also appreciates it because you look like you give a shit. Win / win.

4 Likes

Love that you send them to the buyer. “Oh yeah, here you go buddy, just in case it arrives with ‘defects’; you can use these to file a claim with UPS to show them it was perfect when shipped.”

It’s like it’s both doing them a solid and firing a warning shot at the same time :rofl:

5 Likes