SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

That’s odd to me. In the past month I’ve sold a Yamaha BB235, a Rumble 100 amp, and a N,S. Designs Electric Upright Bass… all expensive items.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s a local thing. I sold a few hundred dollars in pedals without issue but no luck on guitars selling at all.

1 Like

I recommend Rondo Music although I am not their owner. I bought my uke bass from them and they were very helpful.

1 Like

27 people watching my Warwick at this point, only one bite so far, and the guy came in with a seriosuly lowball offer. I think people are just holding back from big purchases at the moment here. My other Warwick and my other Yamaha sold very fast last year.

4 Likes

Buyer’s market right now, I guess…

Good luck!

4 Likes

Yeah. Not going any lower with it for sure, I already have it at the equivalent of $275US for a like-new 2018 Rockbass Streamer.

Good time to buy. The BB734A I was looking at went for $450.

4 Likes

I would buy it if it was left handed! :smile:

1 Like

Wow!! Thats a great deal!

1 Like

Yeah there’s no way I am going lower. That’s apparently the market price right now.

Holy cow!!!

1 Like

If I weren’t trying to sell now I would have bought it at that price for sure.

The SBV-550 went for under $600 too.

1 Like

Yay, my Warwick finally sold at my asking price. Someone got it for a steal :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Selling my mint Boss Me-50b to fund a new compressor if anyone is interested!

https://reverb.com/shop/kevins-gear-emporium-1336

2 Likes

I have never claimed to be a sane person, and if anyone ever accuses me of sanity I will adamantly deny it:
With that said, I ordered this Ibanez Artcore AFB200 Hollowbody Bass Guitar in Transparent Black Sunburst

and am selling my Yamaha BB735.

After playing my Hofner for a few weeks, I have really grown to love the hollow body tone. Plus the Hofner only weighs 5.5 lbs compared to the Yammie, which weighs 10.3 lbs. The weight is a huge factor for me due to some back problems that forced me to quit riding motorcycles. Standing with that much weight for long periods of time is hard on me.
The Ibanez Hollow Body only weighs 6.7 lbs.

My favorite genres of music are Southern Rock, Classic Rock, Blues, Jazz etc. so the hollow body concept is perfect for me. I have no desire or intention to ever play metal or to slap my bass.

10 Likes

unless it reaally deserves it

3 Likes

On that note, the bass usually slaps me

3 Likes

how very yakov smirnoff of you :laughing:

3 Likes

That’s a bit of a shocker! Wasn’t that the one with the rose decal on the pick guard?

Yeah, when it has been a bad bass :grin:

1 Like

Whoa . . . did I read that right, Pam @PamPurrs?? :open_mouth:

You must REALLY like that Hofner (and other hollow body basses) then! :wink:

I agree with your sentiments about changing tastes, styles, etc. as we progress in our musical journeys, so good for you . . . and wish you good luck in your new direction!

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

@Jazzbass19 Yeah I do. I never thought I would say this, but I really like playing a 4 string, and I really like playing the short scale. I know, those two statements fly in the face of everything I’ve posted on here for going on two years, but I’ve had a change of heart.

The big kicker for me is the weight. That 10 lb. beast strapped across my shoulder for hours a day takes its toll on my back. When I play that 5 lb. Hofner, I hardly notice it. The Hollow Body I just ordered is only a pound heavier than the Hofner.

My playing style and the genres of music I like meld perfectly with the tone of a Hollow Body bass.

7 Likes