SAG - Selling Aquired Gear

Your badassery is not in question

7 Likes

Hi! I want to exchange the original p-bass pickup on my 2008 Squier PJ P-Bass. I’d rather spend on a good split coil than replacing both pickups.
Do you have one sitting around? Is anybody interested in selling? It involves shipping it to Mexico City via FedEx/DHL.
Original Fenders would be great but it’s not the only option. Perhaps shipping it’s not that expensive and we can work something out. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I just got the pickup of a Fender PBass American Special Deluxe for $65, shipping included. That’s about how much shipping from USA to Mexico costs (FedEx/DHL). Can’t beat that here.
Thanks anyway!

3 Likes

I want this to go to a BassBuzzer. This is an incomplete project bass. It was originally purchased in pieces, all from Warmoth to house all the hardware from the legendary “bent-neck bass”. When that didn’t pan out, I bought the remainder of the parts and pieces from Warmoth and Reverb (the pickups). It’s assembled (as shown) but not wired or set up.

Basically, I threw some strings on it and… I don’t like it. Nothing about the quality of the components, they’re all really nice. But… the shape of the body, the thickness and shape of the neck, the size of the frets… it’s almost as if I purposely built this out of components I wouldn’t like, LOL.

This is a Warmoth G4 body (alder, gloss Olympic white finish) with a Warmoth Bass Neck (roasted maple, Indian rosewood fretboard, graphite truss rods, jumbo nickel frets, 43mm nut), GOTOH tuners and bridge, and True Custom Shop “Bright & Tight 70s Reissue” J/J pickups. When wired up and properly set up, it should be one hell of a killer bass… just not for me.

The neck and body alone cost me a grand. I’m not looking to profit, I just want it to be put in the hands of a BassBuzzer who can build it up and play it like it should be played. I’m thinking like, somewhere between $400 and $500 as shown. If you’re interested, make me an offer. I don’t think I’m going to put this on Reverb, so you’ve got some time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Always will be

4 Likes

You, sir, give me terrible ideas.

2 Likes

Can’t really find proper words (even though I never struggle with this but now reading this I am :confused: )
Even though I am mainly a read-only member here but I do read and - you are and will be an official badass. Period :guitar:

7 Likes

So, I think I am going to put it on Reverb after all. I picked up a fiver on the cheap (Schecter Deluxe 5 for a couple hundred bucks) and need to clear the Warmoth out.

4 Likes

Sold my Bass POD Pro - the one that I had bought damaged and then fixed myself. It’s a really great older modeler and preamp, but I just wasn’t using it enough to justify the space of keeping a 2U rackmount around.

I do recommend them though; @terb is right, these sound great and are very versatile. Line 6 makes great gear.

4 Likes

Sold the VT Bass DI today.
It actually sold in about an hour on talkbass, and I priced it higher than any others recently sold for.

Pro tip - keep your boxes and booklets, people pay more for gear that looks taken care of.

5 Likes

Is talkbass a good place to sell stuff?

3 Likes

I’ve had great great luck buying and selling there. And since no fees it’s my goto first (after offering here).

The best thing is that the entire audience is bass. Facebook has become a scamming nightmare and a PITA so I like talkbass best.

The only caveat to selling is you have to upgrade from a free membership to a paid ($35) to sell. It’s really just to keep scammers out (which it does).

4 Likes

It does seem like a useful venue for bass trading.

2 Likes

Selling my ESP LTD 1005 Stream. Posting here before elsewhere.

EMG pickups
EMG BTC preamp
Hipshot Bridge
Hipshot Tuners
Hard case

Truth is, I play two basses these days. My 54 p and FGN Jazz

Will get pictures up

2 Likes

Yes, both buying and selling. It’s like a bass candy shop!
But in order to post a “For Sale” ad in the classifieds, you have to be a supporting member. The lowest membership level is $35/year.

3 Likes

Here it is

12 Likes

That is a thing of beauty… that I can’t afford. Not because I won’t/wouldn’t; but, I’m literally leaving on a trip that took all of my ‘fun’ money for the year on Sunday.
Do they make these in passive pickups? Or do the passive ones sound like trash? Thanks for info.

2 Likes

Not sure the question. The pickups are passive, but you can see the active/passive switch that disengages the preamp so you can have only the pickups

4 Likes

Hoooly kerrrap that’s a good looking bass

4 Likes

And how.

2 Likes

I love Streams. Still want the Black Cherry one. Not to the tune of $4k though.

5 Likes