Sandberg Basses

That is a great looking bass @RolandDehli . I prefer to get the new finish and wear it out on my own (not sure I will live long enough to wear them down that much however), but to each their own, it is still the best possible color you can choose, and a fantastic looking and sounding bass.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking for an EBMM Stingray with the right weight when I came upon this. Had to have it, and in less than a week, this VM2 is my favorite player. Fenders are going into storage.

15 Likes

…that is really pretty. Basses are far more likely to have wooden finishes, though guitars are catching up.

Really nice looking bass! :metal:

1 Like

Great choice @AnotherJosh, love that finish. :+1:

1 Like

I was curious to hear what kind of strings you use on your Sandberg basses. Initially I did not like the stock Sandberg’s, as they felt a little “grippy” to me, and thought I would replace with nickel wound when the time came. Once I had played the bass for a few days, I really didn’t notice anymore (maybe when the skin wore off my fingers?), and I have come to appreciate the brightness of the light steel strings. Still curious as to any other brand strings you have tried on your Sandberg, different materials, gauges, etc and whether or not they changed the sound of your bass to your liking. Please let me know your experiences. If it makes any difference, I usually play finger style, mostly rock, but willing play anything that sounds interesting.

2 Likes

Up in this thread you’ll find my lil string test @AnotherJosh. Still playing D’Addario NYXL. They are great to play Rock fingerstyle

1 Like

Thanks Thomas, I should have paid more attention! I will check them out, I play the D’Addario 45-100 EXL’s on my G&L and have been quite happy with the quality and sound. I assume your bass calls for 40-60-80-100, did you have to file your nut or did the 45100 fit ok?

2 Likes

Yep, 40…100. They fit perfectly, no filing required. Sound is awesome, works for AC/DC as well as for ZZ-Top (at least for my ears) . Bit to bright for metal, I prefer the darker sound of Marleaux No. 4 for Metallica and stuff.

1 Like

I love both NYXL’s and EXL’s, definitely my favorite strings. Perfect bright tone, not too bright like stainless can sometimes be, and feel just great - very smooth, nice feeling rounds.

2 Likes

Like Sandberg?
Like Gregor?

A sneak peak at the upcoming Sandberg Signature Bass The World prototype!

8 Likes

Yes and yes. But I’m not a fan of ‘Signature’ stuff no matter where it comes from.

2 Likes

Exceptions made for blank checks.

5 Likes

And here it is, the Bass The World signature series… ooh, now, that’s a jazz bass…

9 Likes

Pretty cool. I like the premium one!

4 Likes

A bit torn, I love Sandberg but hate white pickups :face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

There is that. I don’t care for them, either.

1 Like

That’s a $5 fix

2 Likes

Unfortunately, me too :joy:

3 Likes

Me 3.
IF I were to get a high end jazz bass, and IF that was not a '75 Fender Jazz in all its vintage glory, it would be this one me thinks.

2 Likes