Scheter bass guitars

I bought both of mine used. My custom 4 was used mint from reverb. When i got it, if it had been used it was for about 15 minutes, i think. It came from a music store, so Iā€™m guessing it was a floor model.

My omen extreme was an ebay auction. Also used, but canā€™t find a scratch on it.

From what Iā€™ve been told. All schecter basses come factory set, if you look at their website it says they pride themselves on knowing you can buy an instrument today and gig with it tonight.

Im a new player. Less than a year in. Maybe one day Iā€™ll find something i like more? But for now, im real happy with schecter.

1 Like

I have a Schecter Stiletto as well, looks identical to the photo dlamson13 posted. Really enjoy playing it! I got it second hand as a second bass to play with round wounds. Feels like good quality for the price.

1 Like

I also have the purple Schecter GT 5 string. Absolutely love it.

2 Likes

Schecter basses always have these bridges where you can either go string through or top load.
Do you guys who have a Schecter tried those different methods and do you notice any difference?

1 Like

I havenā€™t done a side by side, but currently I am using the bridge top load because the strings I currently like are not made with a taper in the right place for 35" and string-thru.

I like it fine.

I will say on a video someone did directly comparing it, I tended to like the thru body blind testing vs top load.

But I like it fine XD

1 Like

So maybe thatā€™s only on certain models? I wonder if itā€™s on the neck-through type. Here is my custom 4 and my omen extreme 4. They are both bolt on necks and they definitely arenā€™t string-through.

1 Like

Ah, sorry, so I am wrong with all the Schecters, and it is more like ā€œThe ones I have looked atā€.
Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Those are both nice bridges though.

Ime, you have richer harmonics thru body and better sustain, though you generally have more sustain than youā€™ll use anyway so itā€™s moot.

Top load lends itself to more clarity.

One is not better then the other. It depends.

To me sustain is like horsepower in a car. I could have a Lamborghini that does 0 to 60 in 4 seconds. When will I ever use it?

1 Like

Krypteria has a song called All Systems Go. That songā€™s chorus is bad for my gas mileage :eyes:

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 and aaaaaall systeeems goooo

XD

But I digress lol.

My C-5 GT is set neck and has thru body strings. My Stiletto Studio 5 is neck-thru and does not :eyes: Iā€™m honestly surprised more instruments donā€™t have string-thru options. Itā€™s like a minute or something for CNC to handle it, and a few bucks in ferules :eyes:

2 Likes

I had a Sire V7 for a while, and it had a neck thru option as well as top load. It comes strung top load from the factory. Why??? I do prefer the neck thru stringing myself, which is the first thing I did with it.

I donā€™t know why this isnā€™t an option more often as well

When I was young and silly, as opposed to my current old and silly; I had a 74 Datsun 260 Z. I put a 280 engine in it, and that thing was a rocket. There is only so fast I want to accelerate. Iā€™ve gone faster in cars, namely my buddys Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird with a six pack, think 175 in it is the fastest I have gone, but the Superbird was a boat and nothing scared me more than the 260z.

1 Like

So I started this thread based on thinking the bassist I saw a few weeks ago was playing what I thought was a Schecter. Well I saw the band again last night and I asked him if he was playing a Schecter, he said he had one but no hasnā€™t. It was a custom Shelton Dingwah that he said he payed 4K for. The strings varied in length luss requiring an angled bridge assembly to accommodate varying lengths of strings. I think his E was 34ā€ long and it really drove some awesome thundering tones.

Ah yes, the Sheldon Dingwall multiscale (fan fret); ubiquitous bass guitar of heavy music XD

Yeah the Dingwall is really special. Just a tad too expensive for me

China has you covered for a few hundred bucks :rofl:

(it will not be built nearly as special, of course)

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to buy everything based on supporting the economy where I live. Spending more money is ok with me, Iā€™ll just not buy something else.

1 Like

I love mine, was playing it earlier today and itā€™s far more versatile than modern metal.

4 Likes

Much like Darkglass (and especially with Dingwalls lol), they got that association and people just wonā€™t stop with it.

1 Like

Yeah, and the tone capsule will do that in spades, but dial it back and itā€™ll do Pink Floyd just fine. :sunglasses:

1 Like

4-string Nolly is probably what I would go with too, very nice. Though the normal Combustions would be fine too, lol.

Afterburners are just too pricey.

3 Likes

Love my Riot 4 :sunglasses:

2 Likes