Self-sabotage

Ouch!

4 Likes

That’s a shame, @peterhuppertz . . . :worried:

Hope it heals up fast!

All best, Joe

5 Likes

And then, just after writing this, I read about @MikeyD and his tennis elbow, and I thought to myself “what am I complaining about?”

Anyway, the fact that the knife was razor-sharp made for a very clean cut, which is probably why it heals so quickly. A blunt knife would probably have done more damage.

5 Likes

I was going to say that Pam :rofl:
Jamie

2 Likes

Ouch @peterhuppertz
Hope it mends quickly so you can get back into it
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

:scream:
Like you’ve said probably good the knife was sharp! Heal quickly

3 Likes

As professional chefs always say, “A dull knife is the most dangerous thing in the kitchen”. As an amateur chef, I totally agree. You’re lucky it was a sharp knife.

4 Likes

There was very little bass playing today.

First I tried with a band-aid, but my band-aided finger kept tripping over the strings.
Then I tried without a band-aid. I then bled on my fretboard because the cut broke due to the finger pressure.

Let’s hope it’s healed sufficiently tomorrow.

3 Likes

Sometimes it is just better to have a break for a day or two, so this doesn’t happen.
Sorry to hear this🙁
Hope it doesn’t stop you for to long @peterhuppertz.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

Not when you just got a new bass it isn’t.

3 Likes

Yes but now look at what happens when you get over enthusiastic, you get a setback.
@peterhuppertz.
Cheers Brian

1 Like

@peterhuppertz CA glue :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That is actually a very good suggestion.
“Similarly, stringed-instrument players can form protective finger caps (typically, when they lose their calluses due to inactivity or accidents) with cyanoacrylates.”
(Cyanoacrylate - Wikipedia)

6 Likes

This is a fantastic time to learn to play with a pick :slight_smile:

edit: oops, fretting hand. Never mind :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Probably too late to order but this also might be a (temporary) solution: Playing with a glove (or two gloves)!?! - #39 by joergkutter

A local store could have playing gloves on stock. Maybe…

2 Likes

The glove has crossed my mind yesterday.

… a what now?

2 Likes

Might be a good time to practice playing “super light” with really low action :smiley:

3 Likes

Gonna try again tonight. B2B, I’ll be back! :grin:

3 Likes

Good luck :+1:

2 Likes

You poor creature. Living like in medieval ages.

Good luck! While I applaud your enthusiasm giving the wound time to heal might be the approach with less playing downtime.

I can understand though. In the slap module I squeezed my skin on the finger with the string while trying to pop that there was a wound under the skin. I poked it open (seemed to be the right decision - there were liquids from the wound flowing out. Clear, not pus) but then I had an open wound exactly where I would pop with the index. Despite knowing full well that it hurts like hell when trying to pop I still had to do it sometimes. Usually it went “*pop * AAAAAAAH f#$k”. But I just had to not practice the next thing - not leave my bass unattended.

1 Like