Shall I contact this band?

Hey Julian,
Sounds great, ear plugs will work fine until you get your Wishlist taken care off?
Any hearing protection is better than no protection :+1:
Glad you enjoyed it.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

No. The monitor system works with headphones so I have normal in-ear headphones and can’t use the filter earplugs I already bought.

So I don’t have any protection.

2 Likes

You need to get this issue sorted or you could risk long term hearing loss, you only get one set of ears, they are a little like your eyes my friend :+1:

4 Likes

Completely agreed!
That’s why I’m looking for a in-between solution before spending the 250€ and also it probably takes a bit of time to measure & fit them exactly.

4 Likes

Bahahahaha :joy:

4 Likes

“I’ll just get some small things that I really need”

sigh The money! My shiny things… all gone…

Headphone Amp (the one Josh recommends) for home practice. I could use the DAI but I would enjoy walking around more so I think it’s a good investement.
Construction Site Ear protection
Not super cheap but cheap Sennheiser In-Ear phones as monitor until I get the custom plugs.

…and multivitamin fizzy tablets for my gf.

Every item around or over 20€.

3 Likes

Which one is it? The DAI has to be plugged to the pc unfortunately, I’m in the market for a headphone amp

4 Likes

Vox AmPlug 2. From the Gear video.
Video with timestamp:

1 Like

Ahhh that one. Thought you were refering to a desktop amp :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, that one is on my list already, but I had a similar one in the past (can’t remember the brand) and wasn’t very happy with it.

4 Likes

Josh said there are many cheaper models but this one would provide a good sound. So I opted for this although it’s more like 40€ than 20€. There are some on amazon for 20€ but I avoided them for that reason.

3 Likes

Yeh and for a portable thing it’s a good option. But I want something to connect to my amp. I have that problem with the low volume on my AKG’s, remember?

4 Likes

Yes.
And it still confuses the hell out of me compared to my Sennheisers.

The Band (the individual monitors are basically all headphone amps) uses Behringer PowerPlay P1. I had normal In-Ear Headphones like you’d use for smartphones and such and set the volume below 10%.

But I think it’s a bit overkill and you probably can find a cheaper solution.
It would work with the Line out and headphones.

3 Likes

Could you not use the DAI and Bluetooth headphones? I guess then you would need a wireless system.
But being in a band you may want to invest in a wireless system. So instead of a headphone amp, put that money to wireless, then do Bluetooth headphones to the computer.
Just thinking out loud, there might be 100 reasons why that’s a poor idea, I am just not thinking of any right now.
I am sure you guys can help with that. :thinking:

4 Likes

I haven’t jumped into this thread, and what I have to say here is not at all relevant to the latest posts…
But I just LOVE watching these musical connections present themselves, someone takes the chance, and we all get to vicariously live the experience of a session/band forming/rehearsal/jam session/open mic - whatever.

Thanks for sharing, @juli0r, and more power to any and all of y’all who step out and make music with folks.

7 Likes

Yeah, if I find a group of Punks late 40’s, early 50’s, I am all in. Course, ages don’t matter to me, as much as musical style, which I am even pretty much lax on. The one thing I won’t budge on tho is, it has to be for fun, and love of playing, learning, creating together only, it must never feel like a job.
I know, as with any groups of people, there will be disagreements and arguments, which is all fine as long as it does not turn into one long endless argument.
I have no room in my life for resentments, so if they were ever to start to build, that’s where I step out, hopefully to move onward.

4 Likes

I could. I still think the investment is a good one especially since was mentioned that for the DAI the computer must be on. I don’t even really need wireless. Just for the “wanting to move around” part.

That’s the way I would practice right now.

2 Likes

Mh…

I don’t know why I didn’t think earlier of this. They probably want to be promoted anyway.

Here are the guys I keep calling “The Band”:

The lyrics are basically a carpe diem type of deal. Or carpe diem even when shit hits the fan.

8 Likes

Very cool, good production quality, and I like the music, I would play for that band. I am sure you are going to have a great time, especially when you get to start gigging and making videos.
This looks like an awesome thing you found, I hope you go far.

4 Likes

I have no idea what she is singing, but I swear she threw out a “Fuc%” one time.

2 Likes

The show starts - somethings wrong!?
F#$k! - you can’t her the frontwoman!

Not unusual. It’s used so often in German as swear word.

2 Likes