"Share some good music" Friday

Awesome choice…

They are amazing. Brilliant live act.

so it’s Friday again :partying_face:

Rama is an italian stoner / desert-rock band. They released their first album recently and it’s gorgeous !

Red Sparowes : almost intimate, slow and ambiant post-rock from LA.

Ancestors : deep and slow psychedelic rock with a few doom accents ; they made only one really good album, called In Dreams And Time, but in fact it is more than good.

3 Likes

I spent much of this week in my workshop with either Planet Rock radio or my old CDs fo musical inspiration - and I never share anything younger than 15 years old on here anyway.

Rediscovered Funkadelic this week, and as much as this is almost a cliche for them, it’s also sums up the funk.

Feet don’t fail me now!

3 Likes

More old stuff, sorry it’s not live…

My favorite song Disorder, here in a scene from the movie Control, played by the actors playing Joy Division playing a gig that goes real bad. The actors all look amazingly like the real people (even the one playing Rob Gretton, the band manager). And the actors are actually playing the song. Some NSFW language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zkzpoWEAwI

If you like post-punk at all, that movie is a must-see. Apparently that particular show went down more or less exactly as depicted, including Hooky throwing down at the end.

Original song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhCLalLXHP4

2 Likes

Duuuuuude -

@terb - I love these bands, but hadn’t heard of Rama before.
These plus that rad French band from last week? (2 weeks ago?)?
I think we need to start a band.
Let’s rehearse at your house, so I have an excuse to travel to France.

Heads up - I love food, so make some really good food, and my wife and 2 daughters will be coming too, so get some spare rooms/beds ready.

Check out my metal songs on bandcamp for my version of the doom/metal side of things:

2 Likes

Thanks for the movie recommendation - been binge watching musician movies lately - biopics, documentaries, dramas - good stuff!! Netflix seems to have an almost endless selection, and keeps recommending more based on what I already watched, lol.

Yeah, those actors really do look like the members of Joy Division.

1 Like

Man - got your music playing, and it rocks, but I gotta say, the cover art you draw for these is f*@king killer too! Kind of hypnotized right now on your YT channel watching you draw these in fast motion with your music in the background…

1 Like

Right on, Vik!
So glad you like it.
I love drawing and illustration.
I make album art and show fliers on the side.

1 Like

Awesome, guys! Thanks for all the great shares!! There is so much already, I think I’ll take a bye-week this time :smile:

PS: I am still (after 10 months or so) waiting for at least one more jazz/fusion dude to join this forum… I mean, really? Come ooooooon :cry::joy:

3 Likes

yeah it’s a very local and small band for now, they only released an EP and LP very recently, and both are really great. I hope the band will grow up !

sure :grin: I just have to move to a bigger house for all your family , and add a room dedicated to music (what a dream !)

I’m listening right now and I’m in love with your drawings ! that’s great !

about doom/metal things, I just remembered this “song” I made 7 years ago. I played all the instruments (the drum is a drum machine) and I believe it has been the very first time I ever recorded a bass ! :

3 Likes

Yep.
It’s official.
We’re moving to France.
I really dig the jam here, @terb
And cool to hear the first ever recorded bass line too. Nice!

2 Likes

Funky Friday

3 Likes

In honour of new Tool album…

4 Likes

Well, I guess it is Friday somewhere!

Just wow :heart:

4 Likes

Nice… but, why the fade out???

3 Likes

Oh, well, I guess I might as well go with the flow…

I hear these guys are the antidotes for victims having (unwittingly and unwillingly) been exposed to jazz:

Uhm, errr, it’s music, I suppose :grin: Happy Friday!

3 Likes

Friday! Yay!!!

I can’t believe this is actually the most recent song I’ve shared here. Seen them twice and they really know how to play.

2 Likes