"Share some good music" Friday

You may know there is a brand new Tool album, released today : Fear Inoculum - Album by TOOL | Spotify

:partying_face:

1 Like

Two songs by my all-time favorite band and probably all-time favorite bass player. This is NEW MODEL ARMY live in London, 1985 with the mighty Stuart Morrow on bass guitar.

3 Likes

The Cure - A Forest (live, 1992)

Flanger all the way and a killer bassā€¦watch the whole video, you wonā€™t regret it :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, @Andreas - remember, there will be other Fridays as well :smile:

Iā€™m not very familiar with Metallica so this is kinda new to me. Mesmerising.

1 Like

Peter Hookā€™s work with Joy Division is awesome!
Never liked New Order though.

1 Like

This is my friend Daniel. He recorded the song, played most of the instruments, and recorded and edited the video. He even made the wardrobe heā€™s wearing! Talented guyā€¦

3 Likes

I donā€™t like Metallica very much (very overrated band in my opinion) but if you have to listen to only one song, this one is a masterpiece :

or you could listen to Slayer :slight_smile: :

5 Likes

Early New Order is pretty amazing IMO. Later not so much.

Love the bassline in Procession, for example.

1 Like

@santino, Country & Western (and most offshoots and derivatives of it) really arenā€™t my bag, but sometimes a song gets through my filters (Squeeze - ā€œLabelled with Loveā€, for example), and this was one of them. Itā€™s a wonderfully haunting song with an edge of humour through the video. I really enjoyed it, and what a talented guy he is. The quality of the vid - just every aspect of it - was spot on. Early on it evoked the sound of Cowboy Junkies for me. Thanks for sharing.

Still a popular band in the UK and around Europe, and Iā€™d have to say a critically underrated outfit. Great for bassists needing some songs to learn.

1 Like

Yeah @santino pretty much everything about that was awesome :slight_smile:

Iā€™m old enough to still have all my Funkadelic and Parliament on Vinyl! Great nod to Squeeze, yr so right, heavily underrated.

1 Like

itā€™s Friday ! :partying_face: what, no ? ā€¦ well this stoner/sludge album is still pretty good :grin:

2 Likes

Because itā€™s Friday. And they can collectively play with any - person/genre. And nearly do so on this one. Iā€™m off on holiday, have a great weekend people!

4 Likes

Oh boy! I love this! Thanks for introducing me to them.

The video production is just a little busy for me this early in the day, but headphones on and not looking at the screenā€¦ sublime!

Have a great holiday @muff.

1 Like
3 Likes

the great time of moustaches and bowl cuts

3 Likes

Good old John Fogerty :slight_smile:

1 Like

TFIā€™s FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

4 Likes