"Share some good music" Friday

It’s Friday morning with Zaiko Langa Langa!

2 Likes

Thanks for the great shares, guys!

@muff: love these guys - awesome to see someone else post something arguably fusion-y here!

@JoshFossgreen: :man_dancing::crazy_face:

1 Like

don’t know if it’s a good idea to share this … it’s modern death metal and I like it very much but I’m pretty sure nobody here will appreciate :sweat_smile: but it’s friday, so …

new Cattle Decapitation album incoming ! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Haha, never change, @terb :crazy_face:

Can’t wait for the album to come out :joy:

3 Likes

I won’t :grin:

diversity, diversity … :joy:

I can totally understand this kind of thing sounds like random noise. we all have different musical culture, and that’s a freaking good thing. diversity ! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Lovin’ the choices today, and my mind is being expanded, but I’ve rediscovered this album this week - if you were in my workshop you’d have seen a funky boppin’ woodworker.

2 Likes

excellent music, dude ! let’s put it a step further maybe ?

same kinda groove, really ! … one step further … big step maybe, don’t know. still excellent music. dont get stuck it one style, guys, excellent music is everywhere.

2 Likes

Yeah, great harvest today…

One more?? It perhaps brings us full circle back to the Aristocrats!? In any case, it got Tony Levin in it with his Chapman Stick (and most of the Dream Theater) dudes:

2 Likes

Diversity is indeed the keyword here :smile:

But, yeah, that kind of music evokes sonic images of industrial vaccum cleaners and malfunctioning table saws in my mind :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Ha. Saw these dudes live. Crazy stuff. They had my favorite extreme metal shirt - the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse as 4 fast-food chain mascots. Genius.

4 Likes

Dude be careful or you’re going to summon the Juggalos :laughing:

3 Likes

Solid! Kinda wish they did more with the operatic-metal vocal part they have going as a counterpoint (e.g. at 1:45 and 2:20) as I think they are better at it than the gutteral.

I’m at the point with metal where I really appreciate that kind of stuff over the currently more popular gutterals. I blame Rammstein.

3 Likes

I’ve got tickets for November- is anyone not going?

Snarky Puppy?? Oh yeah, already in October here…

1 Like

Its only noon on Thursday here so an early start on Friday, but since we were just talking operatic/melodic metal, Unlucky Morpheus is a pretty solid choice:

metal band with main melody by a violinist, so far I like all their stuff. This song builds nicely, kind of Dream Theater-like. Even Joerg might like this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, given that it is still just barely Thursday in most parts of the world, I am sure we could write this off to a distortion in sub-space caused by a malfunctioning warp drive, wouldn’t you say @howard!?! :smile:
Like the energy of the drummer here, but I guess the entire style is still too much of a stretch for me. And… I probably never will understand that growling stuff :crazy_face: To be honest, Dream Theater is often already a stretch for me - while all these people (DT and UM here) are better musicians than I will ever be, my ears kinda get tired of the constant barrage of distorted guitar sounds. Why is a guitar only sounding OK when it’s distorted is probably my main beef with most metal. What’s wrong with all the other effects? Or just taking it a bit easy on the distortion every now and then? Doesn’t have to sound like Optimus Prime falling into a paper shredder the size of a skyscraper every time :rofl:

Haha, sorry, just got up and haven’t had my coffee yet, I guess! As always, great to see new stuff and get new impressions and inspirations here in this thread and all over this forum! Cheers :wink:
1 Like

:arrow_up::arrow_up:Those two started it!:arrow_up::arrow_up:

I stumbled upon this last night and have been watching everything in her series. Fascinating and eerie and skilful and… well you get the idea.

I’m sharing this one as it’s suitable for most of us to play along with.

4 Likes

This just feels good inside when I listen to it.

5 Likes

ooh love it

1 Like

Ah, don’t despair, @eric.kiser, we can help you! Well, someone can… may… I hope… I think. It’s, uh, at an advanced stage, obviously, but… uhm, if you seek help now, I am sure it’s all gonna be fine… or something…

:grimacing::scream::crazy_face:

5 Likes