"Share some good music" Friday

It’s . . . ummm . . . . different alright

:laughing:

1 Like

@PeteP I even found myself bobbing my head along with it. :+1:

2 Likes

Okay. This should ease the pain. Joe Bonamassa with Tina Guo on cello at Carnegie Hall. Her playing is world class and her intensity is… magnetizing.

6 Likes

Wow, what instrument is that she’s playing?

So many ways in this world to stretch a string across two points, and pluck it to make a beautiful sound…

2 Likes

Ooh, that’s intense, @eric.kiser! Wouldn’t want to come home late from a bender with her waiting for me with a cello… er, kitchen knive… (actually, not the cello either) :grin:

2 Likes

@joergkutter Yeah. I’m not, normally, much of a Joe Bonamassa fan but this all acoustic concert he did at Carnegie Hall is amazing. He put together this team of world class musicians from all over the globe to back him up and it made for something magical. I’ve watched the whole thing at least 50 times and that song with Tina, I’ve watched or listened to many more.

Tina is amazing and she scares me and I like that. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Heck yeah it is, wowzers! :heart:

3 Likes

Yeah she’s incredible!

1 Like

Friday :partying_face:

here is Battle Of Mice, I guess we could call that sludgy post-metal. This band is one of the early Julie Christmas projects with also great members from Red Sparowes and Neurosis. They made only one album and I absolutly love it.

(I must say the 911 call at the end is authentic and really disturbing)

This other song is from their last record in 2008, a split with Jesu :

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m gonna go old school this time.

Love that bassline.

2 Likes

And no bass here, but everyone needs this in their life…

Zakk Wylde… Black Sabbath… Hello Kitty…

3 Likes

2 Likes

I keep trying to share something more up to date - today I finally manage it. My new play-along track which perfectly compliments my current skill level. @JoshFossgreen will be so proud of me.

7 Likes

I like them. Their drummer might be the single most mellow human.

1 Like

:rofl:

Made my day - a little out of tune maybe, but tail wagging, and having a great time - the most important thing!

2 Likes

I found another band member, Clyde: “that old dog he sings harmony, tambourine tied to his tail.”

Any other musical doggies looking for a band to join.

Lots of great beginners bass lines on JJ Cale albums.

4 Likes

yeah I like JJ Cale

3 Likes

I love how everything feels so laid back. Lovely deep tone to his recordings too.

3 Likes

for away from JJ Cale, here is Mastodon, and what I think is their best album : Leviathan, a concept album all about Moby Dick

1 Like

A little bass-prominent something for us non-metal-heads.

3 Likes