"Share some good music" Friday

New pg.lost album last December :slight_smile:

Yeah! Mixed and mastered by another Cult of Luna member too.

3 Likes

Not sure if this has been shared here prior, but I have watched this dozens of times.
This is indeed my ‘goal’ song, years away, but love the tune and love her cover of it.
No idea why she stopped posting videos, but the ones she has are amazing.
https://youtu.be/u_AI2v-4DTs

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzEpBPP6UmY

4 Likes

Love the phaser/distortion in the first track :slight_smile:

Not sure how I would describe this. Kind of reminds me of very late post-punk in ways, but not really. Lots of varied styles I’ve heard so far in the first few tracks. Cool!

2 Likes

Sounds like “Knocking on heaven’s door” to me…

2 Likes

Damn, what a voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xi4O4RvlnQ

1 Like

https://youtu.be/B4CcX720DW4

4 Likes
3 Likes

https://youtu.be/MlzTET_8SQg

The original lineup all now sadly no longer with us :pensive:

4 Likes

Julie Christmas really is very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqRUjYbCTGA

1 Like

No doubt that this song bops! You might have heard it on the radio recently like me :ok_hand:
https://youtu.be/77Zp-h6npIA

Augustus Pablo - King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbCrYBWh62Y

1 Like

One of the great things about the internet as opposed to when I was a lad is that if you hear a song on a TV show you can find it. Growing up there was no Shazzam etc :slight_smile:
Anyway just finished watching the German time traveling odd sci-fi series on Netflix called Dark. Some great musical choices from artists I’d never heard of.
Marathonmann was one of my driving home songs this week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOYKRPQm2dU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiL9ItjmHRw

This (Wild Fuzz Trip - Distant Planets (EP 2021) is definitely making the cut for next weeks driving tunes! Awesome.

1 Like

if anybody wants to binge watch a cool show, try amazon prime’s Hanna. it’s about a bunch of brainwashed teenage girls genetically modified by the government to be killers. the music in it is really good.

Is this series based on the excellent film?

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eco4z98nIQY

1 Like

Holy crap it’s the Chemical Brothers! I didn’t know they were doing soundtracks.

edit: oops that’s the movie. TV series is various artists, that one is Karen O.

1 Like

my wife also said it was a movie, I have not seen it.

1 Like
1 Like