"Share some good music" Friday

3 Likes

Ooh thats a good sound. Still solidly metal but close to punk.

the new (7th) album will be out on April 26 :slight_smile:

1 Like

some sick doom/sludge

some chill doom :slight_smile:

2 Likes

they really need to re-think their choice in fonts, cuz i was sure their name was black tush

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Quite interesting. The album title says it all.

some great french doom metal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both a phaser and a flanger on the guitar, macho :rofl:

still my favorite Alpinist song. I love this band.

Went on a bit of a Days of the New kick over the weekend. While they received moderate success, I donā€™t think they ever got the recognition they really deserved. Iā€™ve seen a lot of times where the song a band (specifically the record label) releases for the ā€œsingleā€ is one of the weakest songs on the album. In this case, Enemy, which was one of their bigger hits was not, in my opinion, a very good representation of the band. They had this acoustic grunge rock sound that was very unique. They were essentially MTVā€™s unplugged but all the time.

Some members went on to form the band Tantric which has a very similar sound and just as underrated of an effort.

Anyway, hereā€™s one of my favorites:

3 Likes

I usually see myself listening to Metallica, Megadeth, Tool, Slipknot, Gojira, Godsmack, Iron Maiden and everything in between. Now, I do also enjoy some spanish rock like Los Enanitos Verdes, Heroes del Silencio, and Caifanes/Jaguares but for this forum, even if you do not understand the lyrics you may appreciate this masterpiece of intro. This is one of my favorites intros of all time check this out:

3 Likes

some great dark folk

2 Likes

Happy Friday! Oh, manā€¦ growing up I was such a fan of Duran Duran. I never really appreciated the craft behind their music but a few years ago I rediscover them again. Listen to the bass line on Rio (really cool bass!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTizYn3-QN0

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard el matador on MTV as a teenager and couldnā€™t find a tape of it. As I managed to download it weeks later, Iā€™ve had the song for month on repeat in my player. Best song ever! Thanks for the reminder :sweat_smile::black_heart::100::muscle:

1 Like

Good one for just doing some mindless system admin tasks on a quiet Friday.

1 Like