"Share some good music" Friday

And for something completely different, I first got on to these guys when I was playing baritone sax, but check out the two string slide bass chops on Mark Sandman. Groooovy.

2 Likes

Mark Mothersbaugh was at Kent State University with Chrissie Hynde when the shootings happened.
Both from Akron Ohio area.
Useless bit of info - I know loads of that :+1:

2 Likes
1 Like

Oh, yeahā€¦ Ida Nielsen :denmark: on her Sandberg :smile:

1 Like

Slightly off topic, but there is a great playalong version of ā€œComfortably Numbā€ on YouTube, where you can also hone your sight-reading skills (score and tabs) - and jam along David Gilmoreā€¦

Once youā€™ve got it down, find a live version with an extended guitar solo and just space out with the guys :alien:

4 Likes

From the latest ā€œAristocratsā€ album - ā€œLast Ordersā€ - itā€™s what passes as a ballad for those guys. I am just so in love with the sound of that 5-string - the little c min 7 arpeggio down to the low C around the 1 minute mark alone is just so sweet :grin:

Happy Friday!

1 Like

Came for the Floyd. Stayed for the goatee.

2 Likes

This is just magical
Just Dizzy on Trumpet and Chris Wesley White on Bass
I would love to learn this bass part

4 Likes

Have always been - and will always be - fascinated with what happens to his face when he plays :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Great find, @joergkutter . . . thanks! :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

Lacuna Coil covering Depeche Mode.

1 Like

Failure does a pretty solid cover too.

Very jealous right now.

3 Likes

I never noticed that this song had such an interesting bassline. Interesting in the syncopation and note durations.

1 Like

stoner-doom again :star_struck:

1 Like

Itā€™s my first Friday in the group so I gotta post something. I suppose it would only be fitting that I post some MXPX as my first since, as Iā€™ve said before, Mike Herreraā€™s Stingray is the reason Iā€™m here today. Its the same reason that the bands mascot of sorts is my avatar. I donā€™t really listen to them much anymore these days, but give credit where credits due.

https://youtu.be/pPRxOSehvyU

2 Likes

Apparently i need to be schooled on posting YouTube videos the right way :expressionless:

When someone can tell me how to do it correctly Iā€™d certainly appreciate it.

3 Likes

It looks like you did it right. You just have to put the URL on itā€™s own line. It should have come up like the others.

1 Like

So does it look normal for you or a orange hyperlink?

1 Like