"Share some good music" Friday

if you have not seen it go to youtube and look up alison krauss and dwight yokum doing “If I were a Carpenter” duet. great piece of music

It’s still two days until AntiFriday!

Haha ok I suppose any day can be AntiFriday.

So here’s some Japanese post-metal.

The video for this song is perfect, really well done.

1 Like

Wow that was an excellent cover.

I’ve always found their (Johnny and June, and by extension, Vivian) life interesting. Super sad moments in that story (mostly due to him) and yet they stuck with it (mostly due to June). Walk The Line is a great movie.

This is probably my favorite Carter/Cash cover:

2 Likes

That would be my reading as well… but, we might have to consult an astrologer or someone along those lines. Indeed, someone listening to post-metal might just fit the bill :grin:

2 Likes

Dug this up after @joergkutter mentioned it in another thread. It’s upright, but so beautiful.

3 Likes

Really liking these guys.

That guy gets some amazing tone out of his P-bass, it sounds like a Warwick to me in this song:

The whole Drawing A Future album is stellar IMO.

1 Like

Brilliant brush work indeed.
Steve doesn’t come across so well there…

1 Like

They made a glorious duo album: Alone Together. Highly recommended!!

2 Likes

Woah, looks like the guy with the Gibson is busting a string right at the very end… :grin:

pretty sure he did!

Short break from post-rock to go back to the Du because it’s that kind of morning.

1 Like

Some nice synth in this one.

3 Likes

for a change :

2 Likes

oh @howard that’s funny, I discovered Tides From Nebula recently. on this album I like Eve White, Eve Black, Jane :

a little bit darker maybe

3 Likes
2 Likes

Cover material, @terb; including the choreography :joy:

2 Likes

While I certainly can appreciate the impressive technical skills and abilities of the musicians here, and also the amount of effort put into defining the sounds (I understand more and more how complicated this can be), as well as the Crimson-esque moments in there, I just don’t know what to do with these vocals… I guess I just don’t understand this type of “singing”, but it makes me wish there would be a mix without them :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

it’s a part of the music ! it’s an instrument, if you remove it the songs would not be the same at all. that said I can understand, this kind of music is really hard to listen.

3 Likes

Yeah! I love this whole album. I got to them from Syberia.

Yep this is also a common theme in post-industrial, which is why I don’t post much of it, simply on the assumption that it will be a little too out there for most people here. I love it though.

1 Like