"Share some good music" Friday

I don’t think I already shared some Electric Six stuff. I absolutly love Electric Six, especially this album (Fire). also the bass lines are really refined.

4 Likes

Crazy video, @terb :crazy_face:

@satxfreddy: cool stuff! If you put the link on its own line, then the video embeds directly here on the page :smile:

1 Like

everything is crazy with this band :grin:

3 Likes

I love the crazy.
It’s like the musical version of Danger 5.

3 Likes

Pinback: One of my top 10 favorite bands. Out of San Diego, been around for years but most have never heard of 'em. The bass player often attacks that thing by strumming (chords, I guess?) Anyway, everything they put out always has a cool vibe.

2 Likes

Oh man all their videos are awesome. “Danger! High Voltage!” cracked me up.

1 Like

I was thinking Electric Six kind of reminded me of a modern Yello, and it turns out Yello is still making music :slight_smile:

vintage Yello:

1 Like

Another one of those “I can do it all” guys :roll_eyes: :smile:

But, really well done - and a cool Holdsworth tune “Fred” (one of my favorites)… so, perfect for a Friday share!

Stay healthy!

4 Likes

I’m trying a thing here … don’t know at all if it could work if you don’t speak french. this band is something very unique, some kind of sludgy horrorcore hip-hop. I love Stupeflip. it’s very underground even in France. even if you don’t like it, please feel blessed to have the opportunity to hear this :grin:

for all of you non french-speakers, the lyrics are dark as fuck. that’s sludge in another form. a lot of trauma all stacked together. very very dark.

1 Like

Everyone here seems to have a different taste in music than I do, but I hope some of you like this cover of “Still got the Blues” by Martin Miller & Andy Timmons. These guys do a lot of great covers in their studio (including some amazing Pink Floyd) , and have a bunch of great videos on YouTube.

I especially love watching Beni Jud, the bass player with his smiling bass face. Plus, he plays a 5 string, so how could I not love him?

4 Likes

not analog-bass friendly at all, but still very excellent music

1 Like

This Skrillex video is so creepy and so cool at the same time. I always thought this was such a great video for this song because of the way it meshes the action and music together. Those finger movements and her wall showing 55 victims.

Stupeflip was another winner for me. I had to back it up to the beginning of the concert. I didn’t understand a word and I didn’t need to. Their mesh of hip hop and hard core was spot on. :+1:

2 Likes

@eric.kiser if you could enjoy this Stupeflip live from beginning to end without understanding any french word, well, it would mean that this music is absolutly not about the “direct meaning”. you will have the meaning, anyway, because it’s way deeper in the music, not only the lyrics. is motherf*cking sludge in a hip hop form.

all this would make a lot of sense for me, because, I don’t listen to the lyrics, I just listen to the music itself. for me the voice is just an instrument (a thing that makes notes). but, still, when you understand directly the lyrics, it can add a thing, and that’s what happen with a very deep lyric loaded thing like Stupeflip.

anyway if you don’t understand the lyrics, it’s still excellent music. that’s the topic I think.

3 Likes

I found an English translations of one of their songs. It made me wish I could understand them so I could enjoy it more. Regardless, I would go see them in concert in a heart beat.

I watched a few of their song videos on YouTube. Not the same. I like how raw everything is in the live show.

1 Like

I’m sure my opinion won’t surprise you, but what’s not to like? That’s great. they remind me of a modern hip-hop version of Pop Will Eat Itself.

1 Like

not sure if a translation would work. that’s really fine, violent, incisive lyrics.

1 Like

No it doesn’t. I got just enough of the gist of it, to know I would rather be able to understand it in French.

impossible to translate, really, that’s really fine words, and it only works with the flow

1 Like

Man, always amazing to witness the breadth of music shared here…

I can confidently say that I get exposed to stuff here that I would NEVER hear otherwise… so, yes, for that I feel grateful and even… blessed, @terb :smile:

2 Likes

Feeling like some Hooky.

There we go.

1 Like