"Share some good music" Friday

So happy they are still making stuff. T is all set but glad to see the rest of the band is still around.

3 Likes

I ran across this, couldn’t stop laughing thru the first song. Of course I am highly impressed, they are talented (this girl and her older sister by a year or two have a YT channel doing all sorts of covers. The older sister is great on guitar) but the faces and singing from this girl she precious.

I actually see myself watching all their videos, and subscribing to the channel.
Not sure if anybody else has run across this or not, but I love it. I hope you guys get a kick out of it as well.

1 Like

Some others

2 Likes

Love this and thought maybe some of you might, too! Happy Friday!

9 Likes

She’s great, lots of people blown away by her around here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For my prog rock friends—and anyone else who might enjoy :black_heart: :heart:
@peterhuppertz @joergkutter @Jamietashi @JerryP

3 Likes

There was a time I moaned about my tiny hands and short fingers, and wondered if I should get a shortscale.

Then I saw Tai playing her jazz bass.

1 Like

Thanks for the share! I really enjoyed that period of KC, especially with Bruford back behind the kit. Speaking of which, if you haven’t seen it, there is my humble attempt to a KC cover in the “Post your covers” thread, from an earlier era with Bill on drums.
(Oh, and you really need to get started on that stick! Tony might be retiring soon…)

3 Likes

If you want to try something a little off the beaten path, check out stuff by Lisa Mann. Yea, I know it isn’t Friday…

1 Like

This thread has sort of evolved beyond Friday’s. Your good👍🏻

1 Like

@funplumbin1, Thanks for putting the Wishbone Ash out there. Great stuff I had never heard. The new Wolf People albums have a similar vibe, using this UK prog tradition as the skeleton of their new folk horror genre.

1 Like

keep calm and SLAYER !

I love this album so much :star_struck: wild and unleashed

3 Likes

I’ve played for this guy a bunch. I wasn’t part of this album though.Sammy Alcala

1 Like

I was hoping that would imbed the video but evidently I’m not that tech saavy so it just produced a link. Oh well.

1 Like

Ooooh I’ll check that out @joergkutter
Yeah, you gotta love Bill Bruford! And I cannot tell you how much I love the Chapman Stick. Maybe Santa will be extra good this year :grin:

1 Like

@joergkutter Waaaah they took down your cover of “Red” :sob: That album is absolutely killer…

2 Likes

try just putting the URL on its own line, don’t make a link - that should inline it. The link button is for making text links.

2 Likes
1 Like

Ditto. I love the Dr.Know, DR.I., this and other Minor Threat, D.I., T.S.O.L. and the others that slip my mind right now.

I met Kerry King a few times ath the bar across from Angel Stadium, after. Baseball games. Nice guy. He is a HUGE herpatoligist(?) raises, breeds and study’s reptiles, mainly snakes. He even created his own strain of Lucestic Rat Snake. We had a bit to talk about because I was breeding back then, and had a few mutual friends.

JCk Grishiom, founding member / Lead singer of T.S.O.L. Goes to The same Friday morning AA meeting as I do.

I met the Guitar player for D.I. Not too long ago, and been talking with him a lot, very cool guy.
He is part of ROCK TO RECOVERY. and works with the Wife of the guy from Lincoln Park who died. Dusty Roasd, Original drummer for Agent Orange, who has drummed for all of the OC linked Punk Bands is part of it too, he works with the treatment center I am involved with.

But Clinton from D.I., after I was telling him I been playing bass, told me to come hang with them and see what’s what.

Anyway, great
Ick @terb, that album brings up so much to me.

2 Likes