Share Your Upcoming Live Show Plans

So, I thought maybe we could do a list of upcoming concerts we plan to attend, whether we already purchased tickets or not.

To start here is mine:
Iron Maiden, Legacy of the Beast, Hamilton in the People’s Glorious Republic of Onterrible. October 12, 2022.

I bought 2 tickets, and I’m taking my daughter who’s become a fan.

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast-hamilton-ontario-10-12-2022/event/10005B79DE1E2B55

4 Likes

I had tickets for Foo fighters and Aerosmith. So far not doing well.

2 Likes

Foo Fighters I get. What happened to Aerosmith?

I had the same experience with Tom Petty. Oh yeah. He’ll come back to Toronto next year as he always does. I’ll see him next year… Oh shit.

1 Like

I’m seeing Sting in Las Vegas next month. And because I’m already there, The Duchesses of Motown.

6 Likes

Steve Tyler has gone into rehab

1 Like

I’m on the Poppy livestream right now.
Opening act on, awaiting her royal Poppyness…

She’s Poppy

1 Like

Lets see, I have Plant/Krauss, Black Keys, John Mulaney, Steve Martin/Martin Short, Lake Shore Dive, The Head and the Heart, White Ford Bronco, Barns Courtney. We may have gone a bit crazy when tours started announcing. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The Wailers are here in Gunnison in June! It’ll be the third time I’ve seen them at the same outdoor venue. Everyone will be Irie!

Tomorrow is a double header. Floodgate Operators— bluegrass, and then Easy Jim— local Grateful Dead cover band. Both of these bands have really stepped up recently, and are starting some smaller tours. Totally worth checking out!

4 Likes

Arise oh sleeping thread!

Last night I attended a show put on my a band called The Musical Box.

They reproduce Peter Gabriel era Genesis concerts, complete with props, costumes and background slides.

This show was The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway and was such a fantastic show. I’ve seen them now 6 times.

They are world touring, and just finishing up this tour but will be back next year with Selling England by the Pound.

If you are at all a Genesis fan of this era I urge you to see a show. It will blow your mind.

Here are a few pics from the show.

5 Likes

I bringeth the thread full circle.

September 25, Iron Maiden in Calgary at the Saddledome. Up the Irons! This time with all three of my whipper-snappers.

3 Likes

June we’ll be in Montreal to see The Cure!!!
I never got to see them live in the 80s so this will have to do.

3 Likes

Their last tour was supposed to be incredible, I’m bummed I missed out.

Teen child asked me to accompany them to Babymetal, so that’s where I’m going next. Looking forward to the musicianship, even if I only know a couple songs.

3 Likes

You’ll be in good company. More than any other band, I see parents and children at Babymetal shows, 6 year old kids to 50 year kids and their parents. Also the nicest and most diverse fans I have seen. Nothing like it. It’s a big family. You’ll fit right in.

Buy good ear protection. They do play really loud.

Which show are you going to? I’m going to Seattle.

There will be hangouts after the show if you’re interested or your kid is. PG hangouts. A BM show is a big social event.

2 Likes

I’ve only listened to a few of their songs but I love the energy!

2 Likes

Brit Floyd in Birmingham June 3rd. I saw PF in 94 and the Pink Floyd Experience a couple of years ago. Brit Floyd is supposed to be one of the best tribute bands out there. We will see.

2 Likes

I can’t make it but holy shit this show:

Tonight (tomorrow for you in the US) in Pasadena.

Check out that full lineup.

3 Likes

Amazing lineup. I’d go just for Siouxsie

2 Likes

Seeing Guttermouth this Sunday, should be good fun.

2 Likes

Got tickets to see Elton John in two weeks time and waiting for Foo Fighters to announce their UK dates

2 Likes