Share Your Upcoming Live Show Plans

The Foo Fighters played at the grand opening of The Atlantis in DC last night. Capacity 450. Can you imagine seeing them in this venue? I have to, because I lost in the ticket raffle they held.

I will be seeing Living Colour there later this year though.

6 Likes

My friend Stafford is one of the trombone players in Rebirth Brass Band. Generally always see him when he comes to NYC area. This year a special treat as they are touring with Victor Wooten! Woot!
Hoping he can get me a meet and greet.

9 Likes

I’m going to Duran Duran on Saturday then The Cure on Sunday!

7 Likes

My ambition level is clearly not on par with you guys… I am going to see the Dutch soul/acid jazz outfit Tristan this weekend. In a small setting, which should make it easy to interact with the band, which includes a fantastic rhythm section with one of my favorites on drums and on bass, respectively :smile:

3 Likes

Also going to see a local Rush tribute band next January. These folks are something special
http://www.movingpicturesuk.com/ , the organise Rushfest here in Scotland and have been invited to play at the Neil Peart Pavillion in Lakeside Park by Neil’s sister. They have plenty of stuff on Youtube.
My favourite quote about them is " That was the 3rd best Rush show I’ve ever seen. The first 2 were Rush. And I’ve seen them 6 times! — Sean Graham, at the Moving Pictures gig in Aberdeen 2020

4 Likes

Will be heading to the Birchmere (Alexandria VA) shortly to see Marcus Miller.

4 Likes

Well today I finally went and did it.
I bought a ticket to the very last ever KISS show on December at Madison Square Garden.

I generally have a “no old men” concert rule but being a fan from age 10 I figured I’d make an exception for the hella show they put on (better be for the $$$, lol).

9 Likes

No upcoming plans yet, but when I was at the Babymetal concert I thought I better take some shots for @Wombat-metal :smiley:

6 Likes

they give it 100% don’t they

2 Likes

yep. The musicians were amazing, but I was blown away by the entire spectacle. I was sitting in a row of teenagers and in front of me were older (say age 50+) metalheads and all of them were going crazy. The crowd was really diverse. The last time I saw a crowd with so many different ages was Dolly Parton!

4 Likes

Steve Tyler at least is still alive.
Scott Weiland couldn’t handle it as well, sadly. I missed two STP shows due to him going into rehab.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iron Maiden shows are like that too. I went to the one in Hamilton last year with my 11 year old. Lots of parents with kids. Also, l sat three rows in front of a dad with two kids about my daughter’s age, and HIS dad as well.

3 Likes

Yeah, everybody goes to see them. It’s a big metal dance party.

3 Likes

I saw the Foo Fighters eons ago at a club called DV8 in Seattle. At most 350 fans. I was squashed up against the small stage. Mr. Grohl was talking for a very long time in between two songs, so I heckled him a bit. He took a big swig of his ice water bottle and spit it in my face. Overall, it was a positive as I was about to pass out from the heat.

The girl squashed next to me said “Oh Dave!!! I wished he spit on me!”

My 15 minutes of fame, I guess.

3 Likes

Oh hey, I’ve been to DV8. It’s been a LONG time. 350 people would pack the place.

1 Like

Oh, the first row by the stage had to be at least 20 lbs. per sq. inch of pressure.

2 Likes

I’m going to see “An Evening with Cake” in Boston on July 18th. They have no opening acts, just Cake. We were lucky enough to get seats in the second row.

5 Likes

Amazing album. I’m partial to the Rewiring Genesis version of it done in early 2000 by Nick D’Virgilio (former Spock’s Beard drummer). We (my GF and I) saw that live in Whittier back in the day. Truly awesome. Still one of my favorite CDs.

2 Likes

Jealous

1 Like

I’m going to see Queens of the Stone Age on November 4th. After watching their performance at Pinkpop and Glastonbury, I’m really looking forward to it!

6 Likes