Short Love

I’d really like to try the short answer long scale versions before trying. They are $999 here btw

2 Likes

Yeah - I can get them shipped for about $150 I think, which would be $1250 if duties get charged, which I could probably sell a used one for if I were patient. But it’s a big gamble. Not doing it this year (most likely anyway).

On the other hand, one is never likely going to turn up used here. Though a pristine Guild did a few months ago.

2 Likes

wow I did not see THIS coming

5 Likes

I saw that on YouTube late last night.
It is pretty cool.
NO KNOBS

3 Likes

The YouTube video is actually Joe Dart playing it.
The guy with him is kind of annoying AF tho.

2 Likes
5 Likes

He’s okay @T_dub. Nothing that a slap or two couldn’t rectify :wink:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

28" scale version of the ESP BanG Dream Roselia Lisa Imai model BTL bass. This one isn’t a custom shop version either so it’s only $550-ish.

Really nice looking little bass, if you don’t mind people making fun of your Bandori fandom :slight_smile:

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/k-gakki/91-2007-07215

There’s also a full scale version at that price, and a custom shop version at $4k.

3 Likes

Pretty cool, those pick ups look huge in that little body.

I think I prefer this one.

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 3.12.06 AM

https://item.rakuten.co.jp/k-gakki/91-2007-07213/

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s a whole line of instruments, based on what the characters in the show (and the voice actors in real life) play.

Such an odd franchise. Working well for them though.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was just reading a little about it.
I am not into those kind of anemia shows, or games but cool looking instruments.

2 Likes

Yeah. They get bonus points for the concept on this one - having the voice actors form the show’s bands in real life and mixing the events of the bands in the show and the real life bands is a cool idea. But this particular anime, yeah, not my thing either :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would agree, it is smart as hell marketing.
How are the actual bands tho?

3 Likes

It’s totally manufactured stardom. Out of all the bands, only a couple have members capable of playing their instruments (that bass comes from one of them). The bands are literally the voice actresses of their characters in the bands in the anime, so they were lucky any of them could play. The rest just sing.

The style is pretty standard pop from what I can tell.

But of course they pack houses and chart; it’s pretty popular.

Here’s one:

2 Likes

Yeah, I was looking them up from the link you posted.
I noticed only the two bass players with those two models, were really the only ones in those bands that had much to say about them in their own wiki page. Seemed like the other guitar models were from stars that could play too, if only enough to play.
The one with the pink one, seemed to be pretty musical tho, said she started playing piano at 3, and guitar at around 13 IIRC, and also played Sax and another instrument in school.
also said she tried out for something completely different, didn’t get the part, but the casting guy or the producer or somebody liked her for this roll, but they switched her to bass.
You can’t argue with success like that.

3 Likes

Yeah there is that - a lot of people here are quite a bit more serious about music in school than we were/are in the US. So probably they got lucky but didn’t have to get quite as lucky. They probably also cast with this in mind of course.

3 Likes

That was hilarious.
Do they tour in other countries? I can’t imagine a crowd like that here in the states, but, yeah, I guess I could.

2 Likes

Their mic stands are covered in picks, and the bass player was playing with her fingers, and it almost looked like the guitar player did too.
It looked like it was totally staged.

2 Likes

No idea! I’ve never seen the show and this isn’t exactly my style of music, lol. It’s totally manufactured pop stardom as a media tie in to a show. Which is a cool gimmick in itself, to proceed both in real life and in the show and incorporate parts of each; but yeah, this is all for show.

Exactly. If you track down some of the other bands, they all have huge backing bands actually playing the music, Babymetal style. But not nearly as good as Kami Band.

3 Likes