Short Love

Definitely was $199 at Sweetwater when introduced. I considered importing one (they don’t sell them here, ironically).

3 Likes

I bought my Ibanez miKro from Guitar Center. I ordered it in Dec. 2020, and it arrived in late Feb. 2021. It is a left handed model, GSRM20L, and normally GC sells it for $199.99. Right handed of the same model is $179.99 regularly.

I got it during a 15% off sale, so about $27 off, making the total just a bit less than the normal price for a right handed model. Yippee. :roll_eyes: (just rolling my eyes due to the usual price difference for lefties, please excuse me)

3 Likes

Yeah, I know many love them.
To me, any my stature, I feel like I am playing a hello Kitty guitar.

Urge, looks like my IMac took a dump, right in the middle of this post.

Pulled it up on the iPad, and it was still waiting for me to finish the post tho
Prob the hard drive, I will see if I can boot to the external

1 Like

Yeah, that sucks. They make enough lefty to justify tooling, or really just a mirror image of the program code (G68 X0 Y0 in the program will do it, and it’s not metal, so cut direction doesn’t matter much).
To punish you lefty’s for that is BS.
Oh well, they force you to the world of boutique builders, and a whole new level of quality (in many cases)

4 Likes

$179 is absolutely their normal price. I watched prices for 6 months before I bought mine. I love this bass. Ridiculously fun to play. But not a deal at all at $179

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0049S6JJK?context=search#price-history

3 Likes

wilcock makes a pretty wide range of SS basses it seems

1 Like

For that kind of Money
Public-peace.de
Can built a custom Jake (P bass) or Elwood(J bass) with many options and colors, wood tops, ect…
Plus they have many other models. I personally have 3 of bass guitars,great quality and sounding bass guitars.

All 30" scale. I play only shorty due to injury. Have a few more 30" Shorty’s

7 Likes

Wow, they are inexpensive for a custom build.

2 Likes

Best bang for your buck would be a cbbasses.com
Cliff Bordwell make hand made bass guitars. It take about 9 months before you recieve it, but we’ll worth it. He built me a 30"short scale Bass model “S- bass”. Found another builder named Steve Mcdonald looking to see if he will build me a custom hand built bass. He’s also inexpensive. Need to save my pennies.
Here’s pic of my S bass. If your going to spend all that money better to get what you want, that’s my opinion.

20190818_145440|375x500

7 Likes

Anyone who names their basses after the Blues Brothers deserve all the success in the world :sunglasses:

7 Likes
4 Likes

Looks awesome!

3 Likes

EBMM stingray New short scale, Tim Commerford (RATM) model . This one comes 34" scale and 30"short scale active passive models. But price is 3k thans insane. Only 35 left. So tempted :tired_face:.

Love the finish and maple fretboard. Hope they come out with something like this during NAMM this year not a limit run. 1st time there putting active electronics in there short scale basses 18volt. Think I’m going to have to wait it out. I love EBMM ss stingray.

4 Likes

Seems about the expected price for a limited run Stingray. Now, as to if it is worth it, that’s another question :slight_smile:

5 Likes

lot to like there. I can’t figure out if the active one has an active/passive control (haven’t really looked hard at it). MM has always resisted having one, probably because they’re known as being an active bass company.

3 Likes

yep, but they sell every one they make… so 🤷

3 Likes

There making two models active and passive. So I doubt it if the active would have active passive switch. But you never know.

2 Likes

Is the active/passive switch something of a misnomer? The pickups are passive, what you’re doing is engaging the preamp (or not)

3 Likes

All basses with an active/passive switch have passive pickups (otherwise, there is no “passive” on ther bass, except for the rare case of dual mode pickups).

The “active” just refers to the active EQ in this case.

4 Likes

True, but EMG actually makes active pickups with the preamp built in the pick up and need battery for pickup to work.

2 Likes