Short Love

You can shape the tone with presets I think

3 Likes

Oh wow! I thought those were funky thumb rests or something, haha.

Yeah, that’s a lot of controls

2 Likes

@Never2Late

4 Likes

I think Pam was talking about those on another thread lately :+1:

1 Like

Ok, sure, ynot :man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Baby shark, doot doot do do, do do

6 Likes

I didn’t want to add a post cuz John’s post is number 666 :love_you_gesture:

But life goes on.

6 Likes

Of those shown in the “Guitar World Best short-scale basses 2022” article, only one is offered in a left hand model (a similar Höfner Ignition, Pro Edition), but there are some other short scales offered in LH by Gibson and Ibanez that might be considered. See the Left Handed Bass Instruments (Lefty Bass) topic, where there are the following number of left handed short scale basses shown below by brand (I mark them with §):

• Danelectro - 1
  • Eastwood - 7
  • Gibson - 1 (Les Paul Junior Tribute DC Bass)
  • G&L Guitars - 1
  • Guild - 1
  • Hagstrom - 2 (these seem nice, at least I’m attracted to them)
  • Harley Benton - 1
  • Höfner - 7 (all of their LH are short scale; the Pro Edition Ignition LH is model HOF-HI-BB-PE-L-SB)
  • Ibanez - 1 (the popular GSRM20L “miKro”)
  • Revelation - 1 (a 6 string model)
  • Sire - 1
  • Spector - 1
  • Warwick - 1

That’s 26 models, but I suppose not all would make the Guitar World list. If you don’t see a brand on that list, then the brand doesn’t currently offer a short scale bass in left hand orientation, that I’ve found. If anyone knows of any others, please let me know and I’ll add to the list.

6 Likes

Nice work :+1:

5 Likes

Ditto that, @itsratso and @Never2Late :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Nice to see this :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve got the G2220 and the Mikro and love both of them. Despite being short scale, they both sound great.

5 Likes

Fixed it for ya :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve got a Gretsch G2220. Beautiful bass. Great sounding.

4 Likes

I got mine on Tuesday and played it the same night…fell in love with it right away

3 Likes

Very cool. The little Gretsch is a thunder-machine! But it can sound very sweet, too. I like mine a lot.

I’ve got a sweet Sire U5 arriving today, as well. Different feel and tone. Damn hard to find, too. I had to order from Germany because the US is completely out of them until May (according to Sweetwater). I searched and searched until I found one, and they only had one in stock. I’d say there are a lot of pandemic players in the world right now!

4 Likes

I’m taking Josh’s advice and getting both my new basses setup by a pro. My guy does an amazingly thorough analysis of the entire instrument before doing a setup, including checking all pickups, pots, switches, routing and wiring. He’s found many a cold solder joint in even the most pricey axes. He’ll evaluate my new guitars from stem to stern to determine if they’re A-OK to keep (with his loving voodoo performed on them, of course) or return. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I have one more little killer incoming in a couple of months: a gorgeous SWB-1 Scott Whitley Signature by Chowny. Scott Whitley is a longtime pro player and he designed and developed this shorty. Chowny is a British-based manufacturer that now builds his bass.

Chowny had their basses built in Indonesia for the last few years, but 2022 has heralded exciting news: Chowny guitars have come home and are being built in the UK! Plus, Scott’s original designs and features have evolved and improved substantially.

Best part of this saga for me is that since there are months of backorders Chowny must fulfill (of which one is mine), I will get my brand-spanking new, Brit-made Chowny SWB-1 for the original, made-in-Indonesia price. Woohoo! Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Check out two killer players as they take the evolved Chowny SWB-1 for a spin. But be sure to buckle up first!

4 Likes

Excellent :ok_hand:

3 Likes