Short Love

:confused:

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Like hell you can’t!

(I have 2 and 2 purple guitars :eyes: )

6 Likes

I have the same one in Daphne - fun… but hasn’t gotten much playtime since I picked up cheap old beat up P-bass.

3 Likes

sacrilege :rofl:

3 Likes

you are the exception to the rule

3 Likes

New Hofner short scale due in Australia soon

8 Likes

Joe Dart model? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Actually it looks like it is the fairly new Shorty Violin Bass - CT

After long and extensive planning & development, we are proud to present our new Shorty Violin Bass. Walter Höfner invented the legendary violin bass back in the 1950s. Since the 1980s, our “Shorty” has enjoyed great popularity, both as a guitar and as a bass. The new Shorty Violin Bass is the result of these two success stories. In the style of its legendary predecessors, it combines the charm and the solidbody construction of our “Shorty” with the vintage flair of a real violin bass. The new, flatter Shorty Bass neck profile ensures optimal playability. The end result is a compact instrument with an amazingly big sound!

It seems that it was introduced in March 2022, and sells for about $250 (cheaper at Thomann, $188 plus shipping). Made in China.

3 Likes

30" scale

2 Likes

I may be wrong, but does Hofner make any basses that aren’t 30" scale, other than the VeryThin Bass, at 24" (example, Single Cutaway), or the acoustic Jumbo bass and VeryThin CT Long Scale, each at 34"? There are too many models at the site for me to check at this late hour.

3 Likes

oooohhh me likey

5 Likes

That there is superb. Digging it

3 Likes

It’s on the next stage now.

Neckthrough Multi scale short scale 4 string with Delano xtender quad pickups.

8 Likes

its a mini beluga :rofl::+1:

looks amazing, updates please.

2 Likes

This might be of help to someone… Electric Bass String Winding Lengths by Manufacturer from FretNation.com
But I actually want to ask which set by catalog number or product number of D’addario flatwounds is the correct one for a top load only Fender PJ Mustang. Does anybody know? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Here’s one: ECB81S.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! Can’t believe they cost $70-110 dollars here in Mexico.

2 Likes

@MikeC : “Here’s one: ECB81S.”: Not only one, but probably one of the best!
Otherwise, I found

> this string review

very insightful.

3 Likes