Short Love

Ooohhh

3 Likes

Finally got my hands on the Mikro I bought what seems like an eternity ago after it’s been sat in a distribution centre about 25kms from me for a week :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
First impressions after realising that the seller had charged me double what they should have are pretty good. Seems a funny little beastie but certainly bangs out the sounds well enough. I’ll have a bit longer play about with it tonight :+1:

5 Likes

double price, that is not good. hope you REALLY like it.
I do like mine, it is fun.

4 Likes

I’m hoping so . It was still an alright deal BUT the postage pushed it back up towards the top end for what I realistically paid if not a little more

3 Likes

Okay I’ve had a couple of hours playtime and I’ve got to say it’s great fun :+1: I totally get why guitarists would love it as a bass to use for adding to recordings.
My only gripe is the strings. I’m a flat wound snob :joy:So I will be on the hunt for a set so any advice would be gratefully accepted

4 Likes

I wonder if string variety for that thing will be tough to track down. Though I guess a normal short scale set would work if they taper soon enough.

4 Likes

That’s my concern @howard.
Google search here we go and possibly a call to the Bass Centre in Melbourne

3 Likes

Okay so La Bella make a special string for the Hofner Violin bass which will also work very nicely for 30” scale basses so I’ve ordered a set and if they’re not right for the Ibanez they should fit my lawsuit era Gibson :pray:t2:

5 Likes

Go up a few posts to find a useful link on shorty strings.

4 Likes

They do exist though

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RS77S--rotosound-rs77s-jazz-77-monel-flatwound-short-scale-bass-strings

5 Likes

That’s the set I have on my Hofner currently.

3 Likes

Wow. Those are thin. Are flats typically thinner than rounds?

4 Likes

No @howard
The ones on P bass are 105 E down to ? but I have thinner100 E string down on he SR650 which I really like the best out of all I’ve got. I will put a set of these on the Fender at some point as they are a pleasure to play and have a beautiful tone. I think they were Thomastik Jazz flats.

3 Likes

How do you find them @JerryP?

3 Likes

I like them. They are a definite improvement over the factory strings.

4 Likes

I like the .105. thinner then that and I think I am on a guitar :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like the thicker strings, i find the thinner ones dig into my fingers more, and although they may require slightly more pressure to fret properly, the thickness spreads across the finger better. I know we are talking about minute measurements, but it is funny how that tiny bit makes a big difference from person to person

2 Likes

Greetings, New baby here. Thought I would share my custom short scale bass made by CBbasses.com Cliff Bordwell is one great bass builder and he has the best prices for hand made custom bassed IMO. 30" scale hybrid buckeye burl top, Birdseye maple finger board, Nordstand bigbalde&big blade man pickup, 1st time using these pickup and tone is awesome 3 way switch on bottom pick up, active passive switch. 7.1 Lbs. Balance is perfect. Im an old man that had a bad accident sold my toys Harley Davidson 3 quads and bought my self my next love bass guitars. ! Got some other short scale that I will post later.

20190818_145440|375x500

8 Likes

6 Likes

I think one of your photo’s didn’t load

2 Likes

Nice Rays. I like you immediatly

2 Likes