Short scale bass review

Finally i´ve got mine and its quite a difference to my good ole Cort :grimacing:

The making is absolutely solid and it worked right of the box for me concerning string-action but i´ve already ordered a set of GHS precision flatwound cause i want a totally different tone (more vintage/sixties) compared to the more modern sounding Cort .
Concerning weight it seems to be as heavy as my black boy and the front-bolt for the strape and its funny mounting-place are responsible for no neck diving at all.
Last night i switched between both and its shorter neck (glossy) is really a remarkable difference and it is a real joy to play it although the Cort will stay where it is :sunglasses:
One issue came along as the single coils were humming alot while selected each on its own and i will see a luthier here to fix it hopefully tomorrow. When this is done and the flatwounds are doing there job, i will give a detailed summary of the sound.

10 Likes

Congratulations!

So, you had to show them in B&W photos… :wink:

4 Likes

thanx alot, but no, i just love b/w fotos . . .

but for you @joergkutter especially . . .

8 Likes

Thanks! I realize it makes a lot of sense since you own a black and a white bass… :grin:

I also love b&w… used to develop film and prints myself back in the days… that was cool stuff!

7 Likes

Therefore i will try to get black knobs in exchange of the silver ones :wink:

Yes, we did all fotos in b/w and made all that cool stuff as well.
It reduces things to the really important stuff :sunglasses:

6 Likes

There is, of course, this thread here:

3 Likes

Now i´m just an ambitioned amateur with 1500 fotos on my mobile fon, cause my ex-girlfriend took the canon with her :sleepy:, but i will take a look at the photographer corner, thanx

1 Like

Looks a nice bit of kit @bernds64 :+1:
What scale is it?

2 Likes

thanx @Mac , its a 30.75 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool :sunglasses:
I’m loving my Mikro but the urge to add another shorty is almost getting too much lol

2 Likes

i´m keen on this shorty and xmas is coming . . .

It´s a Chowny CHB-1 30.75 and comes for 490 GBP

5 Likes

Shall I tempt your GAS with medium scale basses?

I still kind of want a Motion Bass.

Fun little 32" P/J with great tone. Very fun to play, and not expensive at all used (haven’t been made in many years).

4 Likes

Oh I’m liking the look of that @howard :+1:
And you’re Christmas wish list is looking good @bernds64

I’m seriously thinking of one of these once my first insurance payout is finalised .

5 Likes

I had a lot of fun noodling on a MB40 in the store. Sweet little bass.

Won’t go wrong with a Mustang either though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You know I’m going to have to dog deeper into those now don’t you @howard :joy:

I did struggle with the size of the headstock on the Mustang. It seemed disproportionate to the rest of the bass

2 Likes

sweet little things, sound great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Man he was making that sing !

2 Likes

Weird, it says that one is 34"?

Yeah I know?
I was looking at a short scale neck last night and that was listed as 34” too. Strange

1 Like