Short scale bass review

There is, of course, this thread here:

3 Likes

Now i´m just an ambitioned amateur with 1500 fotos on my mobile fon, cause my ex-girlfriend took the canon with her :sleepy:, but i will take a look at the photographer corner, thanx

1 Like

Looks a nice bit of kit @bernds64 :+1:
What scale is it?

2 Likes

thanx @Mac , its a 30.75 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool :sunglasses:
I’m loving my Mikro but the urge to add another shorty is almost getting too much lol

2 Likes

i´m keen on this shorty and xmas is coming . . .

It´s a Chowny CHB-1 30.75 and comes for 490 GBP

5 Likes

Shall I tempt your GAS with medium scale basses?

I still kind of want a Motion Bass.

Fun little 32" P/J with great tone. Very fun to play, and not expensive at all used (haven’t been made in many years).

4 Likes

Oh I’m liking the look of that @howard :+1:
And you’re Christmas wish list is looking good @bernds64

I’m seriously thinking of one of these once my first insurance payout is finalised .

5 Likes

I had a lot of fun noodling on a MB40 in the store. Sweet little bass.

Won’t go wrong with a Mustang either though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You know I’m going to have to dog deeper into those now don’t you @howard :joy:

I did struggle with the size of the headstock on the Mustang. It seemed disproportionate to the rest of the bass

2 Likes

sweet little things, sound great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Man he was making that sing !

2 Likes

Weird, it says that one is 34"?

Yeah I know?
I was looking at a short scale neck last night and that was listed as 34” too. Strange

1 Like

Same seller has this too.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/174406606252

2 Likes

Yeah pretty sure they are all 32".

AWB’s bassist used one of that model (with the soapbars):

I have that bass ( the Seafoam Mustang) No GAS yet, it’s my one and only lol. Just put some Labella DTB flats on it, sweet :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ve just put those strings on the Mikro and wasn’t at all impressed with how dull they were.
Then I dropped the pickups so they weren’t hitting the strings when plucked and all seems to be good

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful bass. and monochrome schemes are amazing. almost all of my bass’ tuners and knobs are a combination of black and silver ( hard to find decent white machine heads…) and my peavey will have combo black and white tape wounds on it when its finished upgrades. But I’m addicted to green so I guess that’s the holy triad of colors/shades for me. But I’m definitely getting GAS looking at that Chowny CHB-1 Would make a great addition to my ever growing pile of Bass’

2 Likes