Short scale bass review

Ohhhhhhhh!!! NICE!!! That is BAD AF! That is the one when you reach into the bag, that says Bad MoFo on it!!!
I would SOOOOO buy that from you if you ever put it back up for sale.

4 Likes

I really want to go to namm someday

2 Likes

Bucket list for sure

3 Likes

You’ll be the 1st Bro. if it goes back to the Market. It’s a sweet-sounding beast too. Low Action and plays like a dream.

4 Likes

Thanks for that

3 Likes

It would look SO SICK with black Hardware too.

2 Likes

What is that bass hanging next to it. it almost looks like it says CARVIN on the headstock.
Love that wood grain, it is one of the coolest I have ever seen on a bass.

1 Like

I would go back in a heart beat. Met Stu Ham super cool dude saw him perform up close seem like nobody knew who he was it was like a personal performance. Got some cool Pictures with Rudy Sarzo. Met Jeff Berlin, Got to talk to Michael Anthony, saw Victor Wooten up close do a jam. Talked to Carey Nordstrand, and others. So many talented bass players there from kids to adults. Markbass both was the bomb. They handed out headphones and you would here artist jam through wireless headphone supercool. By 2pm it was so dam loud in there, I loved it. I was in heaven for 2 days. If you ever get a chance to go, do it. It was I dream come true. Yes off my bucklist too, but would love to experience it again.

3 Likes

It is very much on my list, IDK if I will ever get a chance to go, but living here in So Cal does seem to make it more possible :wink:

2 Likes

That was a special edition American Jazz Fender sandblasted crimson red

they came in 2 colors blue and red. one I hated to get rid of that was a slapper dream bass. You could feel the grain with your hands super awesome bass . Think they only made 100 jazz 100 p bass so 400 in total. only made for one year. without pickguard.

4 Likes

Fantastic.
I still like the Orange MM better, but that is just beautiful.

3 Likes

That is one badass J.

4 Likes

Not a big J bass fan but I could definitely make room for that beauty :sunglasses:
You’ve certainly got excellent taste when it comes to basses

3 Likes

Yeah it was, only thing was I had to sell it because of my injury and reach with my fretting had. I got a couple of short custom short scales that I have not posted from public peace in Poland that are dope too.

3 Likes

Found picture on phone of my 2 Elwoods and 1 cazpar all 30" scale.

Public peace two company’s in one the Cazpar about 6.1 lbs made by Mensiger and Elwoods both @ or under 7.3 lbs made by Maruszczyk. They have some called Configurators for there basses super cool and fun. When I bought mine there basses were a lot cheaper than they are now. And they didn’t have the configurator back then. These active / passive basses. Tone :japanese_ogre: monsters. With Delano pickup and sonar preamps.

6 Likes

Finally i´ve got mine and its quite a difference to my good ole Cort :grimacing:

The making is absolutely solid and it worked right of the box for me concerning string-action but i´ve already ordered a set of GHS precision flatwound cause i want a totally different tone (more vintage/sixties) compared to the more modern sounding Cort .
Concerning weight it seems to be as heavy as my black boy and the front-bolt for the strape and its funny mounting-place are responsible for no neck diving at all.
Last night i switched between both and its shorter neck (glossy) is really a remarkable difference and it is a real joy to play it although the Cort will stay where it is :sunglasses:
One issue came along as the single coils were humming alot while selected each on its own and i will see a luthier here to fix it hopefully tomorrow. When this is done and the flatwounds are doing there job, i will give a detailed summary of the sound.

10 Likes

Congratulations!

So, you had to show them in B&W photos… :wink:

4 Likes

thanx alot, but no, i just love b/w fotos . . .

but for you @joergkutter especially . . .

8 Likes

Thanks! I realize it makes a lot of sense since you own a black and a white bass… :grin:

I also love b&w… used to develop film and prints myself back in the days… that was cool stuff!

7 Likes

Therefore i will try to get black knobs in exchange of the silver ones :wink:

Yes, we did all fotos in b/w and made all that cool stuff as well.
It reduces things to the really important stuff :sunglasses:

6 Likes