Short scale bass review

A gift for you AND her. Is her birthday soon?

3 Likes

I thought the EBMM shortys were just released recently, have they had them in the past as well?

2 Likes

I don’t think she’ll fall for that :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah I think this year’s the 3rd?

3 Likes

Nope I guess 2nd year. 1st year was blue and raspberry

5 Likes

I love that blue, especially the maple fretboard, stunning. I wish that Sterling would make different colors.
I do not like the Mint, I do not want White unless I get black hardware.
I do not want to pay for EBMM and get a SS. Sorry, I like SS, but I do play 34" primarily, so if I am gonna bust the nut, I am going for the big one.

4 Likes

Dammit. I was just going to talk you into one.

4 Likes

Ok, my 2nd one will be SS, after Sterling makes a color I can live with, I get it, and then I need to upgrade it.

1 Like

Let me tell ya, when they make one in a cool color with a roasted tiger stripe neck all my resistance will go out the window and one will be being shipped to me the same day.

2 Likes

The shortys came out in 2019 that was there 1st run i was lucky to go to NAMM in 2019. Saw them there 1st hand. Fell in love and I just had to have one since I did make my own short scale a few year before that. The guy from Chowny bass in England gave a pass. Super cool dude.

It was a dream come true. There’s no NAMM this year. But I had a blast. I love the spector bass but don’t like the 1.65 neck at nut. They can make me a custom one but that Boo Koo bucks. By the way Blue is my Wife favorite color also. I have an Transparent orange :tangerine: EB sterling bass that I have saved for my son. He also play bass. But he’s a family man now and doesn’t play. When he comes over he does play my bass. The Spector are also little heavy any bass I get has to be under 7.5 lbs. If I do get other bass probably a Spector. I was going to buy a bantam but when I found out it had a 1.65 at nut it was a deal breaker. Already had money saved up for it. That Starry Night got me. That when I saw the sire also the demo that was there had pre amp and cut aways on forearm. I was disappointed it the U5 came out but I got one anyway. I got a feeling EBMM will come out with an other batch of stingray in 2021.

3 Likes

OHHHH, I would die for that.
This is one of my dream Rays

It was on Reverb once, otherwise, IDK where to get another. I LOVE that it is orange, my favorite color. I love that it is transparent. and I LOVE the BLACK HARDWARE.

This is my dream bass that I could buy new from major retailers, but it is $2800

And @itsratso, they both have that tigerish fretboard

5 Likes

Well I’ve hit a major problem with my newly acquired Ibanez Mikro !
I can’t put the bloody thing down :scream: Every time I grab a bass to have a mess about on it’s the Mikro. Might be the novelty of it being new to me but I’m finding it so much fun the Fender and the SR are just sat gathering dust

7 Likes

There is a new LOVER in the house!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

You’re not wrong :joy: I’ve even been looking at pup upgrades :scream:

And this pot upgrade

3 Likes

You might look at upgrading your P bass to a P shorty!! :rofl:

Or, wait, better.
You know how you wanted to get a SBMM Ray4.
Well
Just get a SBMM SS Ray4
No excuses now. lol

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
I haven’t any plans to get anything else major at the moment but I do like tinkering with what I’ve got. The Fender will be staying with possibly a nice birds eye maple or even roasted maple J neck one day. The SR I’m not 100% sure what’s going on with that atm but I do find myself playing it quite often and I still love how fast the neck is on it.
Any spare cash I get at the moment is realistically due to get split between my old Harley and my horse.

2 Likes

for the mikro? i’ve been looking at some threads on upgrading a mikro and the general feeling i get is that a pup pickup would be pretty low on my list, the stock one is actually pretty good sounding. bridge and hardware (all black of course) is where i would personally start. they are fun as hell though.

3 Likes

Yeah I thought about maybe some Geezer p bass ones might be nice lol .
I’m really digging how much fun can be had with so little financial layout with the Mikro.

3 Likes

Plus those Mikro are light as a feather. They actually sound good too. 28" bass guitars are a blast. Enjoy your new baby.

3 Likes

I love transparent color basses those are my favorite and yeah that orange is awesome sauce.

Sorry about the king decal sure that baby would look great with a duck decal on it too. :upside_down_face: These are only pictures I had on phone. I did put up for sale when I was trying to sell one of my EBMM. They both had the 1.5 neck the one a sold was an SLO stingray.
It also has matching headstock. Sterling on these EBMM means more of a jazz type of neck and body is little smaller than stingray. it does have 3 way switching coil tap for series ,parallel and single coil.

7 Likes