Short scale bass review

hmm good point, i didn’t even think of it. let me check.

4 Likes

hmm less than a month ago.

you sir, are pretty smart.

4 Likes

No problem

I will be here all day!

3 Likes

So, I am thinking about ordering from Musicians Friend, so this question may apply to me.
If you return it, you have to cover shipping back, correct?
It is still better then trading it for $100, but there is no physical locations to return it to, correct?

2 Likes

And to let you know.
Musicians friend has quite a few Sterling Stingrays on Open box / blemished for nice prices.
they have that Black Ash one that I want, 2 of them, one Mint / Open box, and the other Blemished / open box. The Blemished basically means it is a return that was played for a bit, and Mint means a return that was not played, the protective film is still on the pick guard…
the bass lists for $899
Mint is $791 I think
Blemished is $719

I am gonna call and see if they will give me one of those for around $600, and if they do, I am gonna get it.

But if you have credit there already, maybe a new RAY for you too?

2 Likes

hah, no ray for me. any big purchases are going to have to wait until in the future, i’m still paying off what i already have. and just got off the phone with a super cool guy at musician’s friend. got the return processed which will cover the 4 string mikro and give me some left over. i’m even going to use the 4 string box to ship back the return. so thanx to your suggestion i wound up going from losing money to making some. score. :+1:

4 Likes

awesome, you’ve wanted one for a while. for $70 diff, i would get the mint unless the blem is really minor. but that’s me.

3 Likes

See, you make profit flipping basses too :rofl:

3 Likes

The blem just means that somebody took the film off the pickguard, the pick guard may be scratched a little, but I am going to change it anyway.
They described it as a return that would be similar to a floor model.

Now I am not sure if I will get it tho, @PamPurrs said GC would not give her any discount off open box. So IDK if Musicians Friend will give me a discount.
My friend got them to further discount an open box electric drum set, so maybe?? But I am not sure if I am prepared to spend the $720, I was hoping to get it around $600
Who knows, we will see.
Maybe I will wait til I find a used one that I can get for less.

3 Likes

My Cort is gettin´a little brother and its not the Mustang :star_struck:

9 Likes

Sexy, what is that? is it short or medium scale?

Its the Chowny SWB-1 Shortscale (30,75) in an active version

2 Likes

Hi there, both of mine are short scale basses. and for those of us with more petit hands i would recommend the gretsch short scale junior g2220 around £389 or for a budget version the fender squire bronco for £169. hope that helps?

3 Likes

@tazette83 I had the Gretsch in mind and i think its a really good choice too but i love this kind of alembic shape of the SWB-1 and as far as i´m concerned i really appreciate all the different sounds this tiny axe is capable of.

I´d already ordered a Squier CV 70s Mustang but the string action is not my deal and although the Chowny is a bit more money, for me it´s the perfect choice in case of value. As soon as i get it i´ll let you know my impressions

3 Likes

That’s a nice looking beastie you have there @bernds64! Love the headstock shape

2 Likes

sssssexxxy

4 Likes

is yours white? i love white basses, they look so clean.

2 Likes

@tazette83 The Gretsch can be had for £319 from Andertons or £299 from guitar guitar (in the UK). I’ve really enjoyed learning bass with it.

5 Likes

hmm doesn’t really show in your pix but if you go to the website it shows the colors (including white) as being transparent.

3 Likes

Yes, Stephen Chown has been so kind to start a research for a glossy white one which is actually no more available and while my Cort is black allover its a perfect combination

4 Likes