Show us what you built (other than basses) - music related

I took apart and reassembled my Fender Rumble 25 so the controls faced up and it became about 30% lighter. I didn’t click a pick before starting so the orig config is from the `net. Finished version has cloth back on top with the carrying handle (couldn’t find final pic).

The speaker was in a housing of its own, so I removed the rest and attached the electric components to the back of the speaker housing. Put the corner plastic “feet?” back on and they stick out a little. Turned out to be way simpler than I thought it would be. It’s used for bass and digital piano for when the six-stringers come over with their acoustics.

6 Likes

It counts if you serenade the fish.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think he was listening to Cat Scratch Fever while he built his cat scratch posts…. so it counts! :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I built a lot of music related things :slight_smile:

here are just two amps I still own, for example.

This one is a 5w class A full tube amp, it’s some kind of missing link between the Fender Tweed-era Champ/Princeton and the Blackface-era same amps. It’s close to a Blackface Champ but with a Browface tonestack and a few options :

This one is a 10w solid state amp built in a Jack Daniel’s metal box :

12 Likes

Lol this Jack box is really cool!! :sunglasses:
Both your creations are very impressive Terb

3 Likes

My Bass Rig…
An Acoustic Image Clarus head drives the 4x6" main combo and sometimes I add the 12" DSP ICE powered sub for extra volume. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hi @DanBassick your picture did not post correctly

1 Like

Really nice! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Nice setup @DanBassick!

2 Likes

I’ve heard more than one person call a pump track a “rhythm section” - so that’s what I call it when I find one in a terrain park while skiing. Fitting, don’t you think?

2 Likes

Absolutely, you spend surprisingly a lot of energy riding it without even pedaling, lol.

1 Like

Not bass related, other than this kept me away from bass :sweat_smile:

Flagstone walkway with landing in front of the house (this is a picture as I was building it). Now, the driveway is also evened out.

“Ironwood” deck: 15’ x 10’ welded steel tubes (1/8" walls, 1x2" horizontals and 3x3" posts) welded to 3.5x3.5" 3/8" steel lintels lagged into the walls. Painted with rust-converting primer and Rustoleum gloss black. 5/4" boards screwed into the frame with drill-tip self-tapping machine screws.

![IMG_20201011_084935|666x500]

The gravel around the deck covers a French drain: 2’ deep, 1.5’ wide, ca. 45’ long with a 4’ x 6’ x 3’ deep catchment at one end. Gravel to even out the bottom and adjust slope, geocloth on top, thin gravel at the bottom, then big O perforated drains, then coarse gravel on top, wrapped geocloth and cover all with gravel. All done in heavy clay soil by hand, all gravel wheelbarrowed in by hand and sculpted (too narrow do get in excavator). I love practicing with my headphone amp out here.

5 Likes

Nice practice space!

3 Likes

That’s my first thought. You just have to deal with mosquitoes, lol

3 Likes

Thanks. My wife says that I designed the deck this way as an excuse to buy a welder, plasma cutter and grinders galore… which to some degree is true.

My little kingdom:

Now includes a bench disk/belt sander, ring roller, drill press, lathe, plasma cutter and sheet metal brake.

4 Likes

so…I built a…

“preamp switching, don’t have to bend down to the floor to adjust the dang things, multi-level pedalboard extension” TM

Yes, it is completely unnecessary, but I love it.

I was thinking about a preamp switcher as I have started accumulating them and had no room on the pedalboard for them all, and, it’s kinda dopey to have a bunch of preamps all in a line in the signal chain. I started looking online for a small shelf thing that would suit, but found nothing.

After rearranging the music room I had this $10 IKEA table/shelf thing left over that didn’t fit anywhere…

So I decided to take its legs and reuse them for my idea.
A two tier board, with a switcheroo thing on the lower tier and my preamp pedals on the upper. Made a quick sketch…

…and took a trip to Home Depot for very overpriced poplar boards…

…test fit of the tiers…

…and some flat black paint (thank you @Al1885 for the trigger handle suggestion, love that thing…

…and reassembled once dry…

…quick check to see how it looked, I used the original holes in the legs to see if I liked the height before drilling new ones, so far so good…

…velcro and preamps, switcheroo thingy and power…

…and in place, I have to do some main board rearranging and adding now that I have space…

Once fully rewired, I will take all the ‘pre-preamp effects’ and put them on their own switcheroo loop before the preamps, and the ‘post-preamp effects’ on their own switcheroo loop after the preamps, greatly reducing the entire signal chain.
But that, if for another night.

13 Likes

@John_E , you are a wizard! great idea

4 Likes

Dang @John_E ! I really enjoy the results of your GAS. :joy:

3 Likes

This is genius! I also like to switch between preamps. Really liking the footswitch idea. Also you got a spot open on your main pedalboard. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

That’s cool AF. I’m planning something for my pedals but trying to find the right inspiration this could be the direction, going vertical.

4 Likes