Show us what you built (other than basses) - music related

You could even stack synths on top of that lol

2 Likes

It’s alive!
Complete and room to spare (don’t worry, I’ve got plans for it).

I call it “Howard”. :upside_down_face: @howard

13 Likes

Hahahaha approved!

3 Likes

Mental note to self: do NOT apply to any ads where John is looking for a bass roadie :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Or for anyone to dust the furniture either.

4 Likes

This does take a bit of a while…

4 Likes

nothing says success like excess :rofl:

4 Likes

Next up, create a cover for the whole thing, to protect against dust. Or, just use an old sheet. :grin:

3 Likes

Oooh I like this idea! (Not the sheet, the more overdone route!)

4 Likes

I vote for old sheet. Come on, you are an engineer. That is the simplest, most logical solution.

2 Likes

I recall in the early 1960s. . . my parents bought a sewing machine. My mother really wasn’t into sewing; despite having her own mother who worked as an embroidress and seamstress, she never took to it.

So, my father used it! He made drapes, used it for re-upholstery, and even made his daughters swimsuits, using yellow material with white polka dots (cue the song popular at the time).

@John_E edited to add: my father had an “engineer” brain (gave up on engineering after WWII because the colleges were full of other GIs, couldn’t get the classes he wanted). He also graduated from a highly-rated technical high school. So I mention his sewing only in relation to what you (or someone you know who sews) might do for an “overdone” cover.

4 Likes

Compressed air, nuff said. I could have easily mistaken you for a guitar player. Lol.

3 Likes

Compressed air? No worries then. I got a portable 10 gal mini shop compressor. it can blow around any amount of dust.

3 Likes

Unrelated but related:

I saw this book mentioned about building a woodworking bench and thought I would share. It’s available as a free PDF or a $30 book.

3 Likes

This is damned impressive! You have more bass pedals than any shop in the Atlanta area. Let me know when you’ve excepting visitors.

3 Likes

This is the best video I’ve seen on this topic. These things can be crazy expensive and are easy enough to DIY.

2 Likes

Here is a decent one as well:

1 Like

This is from several years ago, and literally just wood from a single 1x6 iirc lol. I have them cut it at Home Depot and then just screwed it together super janky. It’s f’ing huge…

The B6 is 16.5” wide for scale, and that’s a Pedaltrain Nano on the top right (14.5” iirc)

More of a pedal platform :joy:

36” x 14.5” monstrosity I never finish and now I kinda don’t want to. It just cut a hunk off of it :eyes:

3 Likes

What if you did a small board for everything but the B6 and leave it on the floor?

2 Likes

Thought about that too. Put the Nano behind it with the few extra pedals and an expression on the floor next to the B6. Kinda how I have it set up atm anyway

1 Like