Show us what you built (other than basses) - music related

I thought it would be cool to start a thread where folks could put things that they built themselves related to bass. From amps to stands, desks to racks, to whatever music related thing you built.

May inspire others.

So, what are you working on?
What have you built?

For bass builds, see here….

7 Likes

I will copy here my cab stand / carrier build from the winter…

15 Likes

good idea for a thread! 2 things:

first a simple stand for my fender rumble 40 to tilt it back toward my ears. 1" MDF, unfinished, just heavy and for utility only. will eventually give a a few coats of spraypaint.

and my extra heavy pedal board, made that way so that as i move around tugging on the cord does not pull anything onto the floor. 2 layers of 3/4" baltic birch plywood and white oak legs, finished with danish oil . (i also made the low bookcase it is perched on.)

14 Likes

I have the slight advantage of this being my career. However when I turned a spare room into my ‘music room’ I needed a desk and some sort of amp stand. I was too mean to buy them so I made them in my workshop using left over material from other projects.

Desk

7 Likes

2019-02-27 15.37.43

Amp Stand
2018-12-28 16.46.04
2018-12-28 16.47.25
2018-12-29 08.12.33
2018-12-30 22.00.33

12 Likes

16 Likes

whoa, nice wood!

5 Likes

I rebuilt a bridge to a nice Bass fishing spot. Does that count?

16 Likes

Are you saying bass ( :fish:) or bass ( :guitar:)?

2 Likes

Beside building up and modding basses I build a place to put them in, lol. It was an easy 3 week project that only took us just under 4 months. It was a piece of cake really, lol.

In all seriousness, I’d do it all over again which I probably have to since my wife have been house shopping. What I want more than a shed is a Pump track, gotta figure out how to build one, lol.

14 Likes

@Al1885 Massive shed envy.

4 Likes

I’ll jump on this one soon once I find all of the pics I took of the 2 basses I built: Turquoise Waters and Poison Apple.

2 Likes

@athosmr2003 There’s a specific tread just for Project basses; this is just stuff that’s bass related I think?

2 Likes

It wasn’t but good catch @Barney
Will change the title and first post.

2 Likes

I want to build that but two rooms, a small wood shop in the other room…

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I planned as you can see in the first couple of pictures I have about 5 feet to the next shed. I was going to use that for all my power tools table saw, router table, CNC machine and 3d printer it would have been contained.

“Fortunately”, my wife “suggested” this brilliant idea of building a greenhouse for her succulents.

It was a great idea. Yes honey it was it was, lol.

3 Likes

I have built a few cat scratching posts

8 Likes

Nice, but let’s keep this thread to music related builds.

2 Likes

I suppose I could drag down my DIY pedalboard from the attic, but it’s literally just some 1x4s ripped in half with some 1x4s screwed to the top of them for a little raised platform :upside_down_face:

And my old IKEA RAST end table 6U rack was more of an IKEA hack. But as I keep progressing with building, repairing, and modding basses, my itch is growing to do more…

2 Likes

Post them! Ideas (no matter how big or small) might spark another in someone else.

2 Likes