Show us your amps

The Orange is a nicer, more tone-coloring amp as well. Nothing wrong with the Rumbles, very solid and sound great, but they are kind of a baseline, vanilla amp. Between the orange Crush 25 and a Rumble 25 I would definitely go with the Crush myself.

Nice kind of description of the “traditional” Orange brit-rock tone.

Obviously not all of their modern amps sound this way, but they do still sound more colorful and nicely dirty to me than the Fenders. At least the ones I have tried, compared to the Rumble I used to own.

3 Likes

Good to know thanks. Im glad I got cause it looks so cool but good to know its decent too.

I got a squier paranormal 54 jazz bass to go with it a butterscotch one looks good with amp too which i wasnt thinking when i got them.
I probably would have gone with a different bass again having seen people talk about it… Probably a p and j but i do like this and i think i got a decent one considering i didnt really know what i was doing lol.

Thanks again for info

3 Likes

I’m in the US. It is really a great amp. A friend of mine had one and recommended it to me. I love it. I dig the orange color too.

2 Likes

That bass consistently gets great reviews for its price range. For not knowing what to get, you made some really good choices.

1 Like

@eric.kiser thanks. Im really pleased with my purchase especially now people seem to think that its a good choice… I had heard of squire and people online seemed to think they were good value. It was a toss up between the 70s classic vibe and the paranormal.

2 Likes

Ok I need help. I bought an Ampeg ba-210 to go with my Fender Aerodyne bass. It sounds terrible. I don’t even want to play. I have it next to my chair at my computer desk. It is rocked back to aim at me. It sounds like I’m using about five effects pedals. I’ve got the effects at zero . I’ve tried soft and loud both gain on guitar and fiddled with eq . My only previous experience is a fender 15 watt practice amp and I didn’t sound bad. There is a fender, an ampeg and me. I know what the weak link is but I can’t really replace myself. It would defeat the purpose.

1 Like

Does it make noise when not playing a note as well? Can you record it?

1 Like

No , it’s quiet with gain up and strings saddened.

1 Like

Dang autocorrect. Deadened

1 Like

Is your bass active? If so, turn your bass volume to about half, then find the input gain knob on the amp and turn it down to half. If it sounds real muddy, you might be pouring too much into it on the front end.

1 Like

Not active.

1 Like

How about if you stand away from it a little?

1 Like

I’ve got to get a longer cord. I just never noticed bass feeding back. Ill be embarrassed and thankful if that solves the problem. The guitar and me are facing computer . Amp would be on left side. I play right handed but it is close.

1 Like

Just turn the amp around to face away from you. If it’s feedback, it should resolve. If it resolves, then the signal from your guitar is too hot OR your input gain on the amp is too high. I’m going to take a look at your controls at the sweetwater site. Be right back.

1 Like

You don’t have an input gain on that but you do have a -15dB pad button. Net effect is turning the gain down. If you still have issues then you may have a bum amp.

2 Likes

Ok thanks. I’ll try pad and turning amp one at a time. Ill let you know .

2 Likes

I used to play through an SWR basic black, when I got the jazzbass. I sold it a couple of year ago and bought a Ashdown Tourbus 15 instead for at home practice. I prefer it’s sound, still on the lookout for either an older Trace Eliot or a new Ashdown ABM series for gigs. As their is no DI on the tourbus I tend to either used only a seperated Di box or mic it up on gigs. AAA_-_Tour_Bus_15_1200x

2 Likes

I got my Thunderbolt dialed in with my Gibson SG bass. I normally play at my buddy’s, through his Statesman. Today we played at my place through the real 'Bolt.

His response? That’s it! That’s the sound! It’s 1968 again!

So yeah, I’m kinda stoked!

2 Likes

I use the Ampeg Micro for home practice when I want a super clean sound.
Headrush FRFR is used for 90% of home practice and as a bass only monitor when live.
If I’m just goofing off or don’t want to disturb the family, I use my little headphone amp.

10 Likes

Here is mine 100v3, had it for less then 24 hours and still fiddling the knobs to get the tone I want. Pleeeeeenty of power for a semi detached house

10 Likes