Show us your amps

This thing is cute tho haha. I think it’s a 1W guitar amp and I can imagine it sounds like crap for bass. And I can relate with your bass knob at 9 o’clock with your new rig :joy:

2 Likes

i bought one of the little bass fly amps that is probably similar. and i like it. not that it sounds great or anything but you kind of have to take it for what it is. and i like an amp that can run on triple a’s and i can carry in the palm of my hand outside and practice with.

images

6 Likes

@itsratso I was looking at small battery powered amps a few weeks ago,. I played with that one in addition to a couple others. They have a good niche IMO

3 Likes

Separate amp head and cab now - girl, you’re rockin’ it like a pro now!! Super happy for you, I remember starting B2B around the same time as you, and when you first got that Rumble 100 after the 40. This is an upgrade for sure.

If I’m not mistaken, the 115 cab has wheels, right? You know you’ve got a solid kick ass cab when you need wheels to transport it :laughing: Hope your neighbors are still talking to you after a few months, lol.

4 Likes

Yes it does have casters,.

Screw the neighbors with their all night barking dogs and late night parties. I start my practice sessions at 5 am. HELLO, get your ass out of bed neighbors!

9 Likes

Rumble 100 arrived today. Took a photo with all my gear. Thanks with all the help and advice everyone.

It is super loud haha, but I love it :blush:

12 Likes

Nice! Now you need an amp stand to get it off the floor.

6 Likes

I haven’t tried that yet. What improvements do you get?

4 Likes

Never even considered it, I might build my own as a little project :smiley: Thanks Pam!

4 Likes

Getting it elevated projects the sound better, especially if you have carpeting or rugs.

5 Likes

Heres shot of my amp .
Mesa Boogie Basis M-2000
Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 1000 bass cabinet .

11 Likes

Rad rig @xxcody2gunsxx!
I have the same amp - mine goes into two Eden XLT 4x10 cabs.
I haven’t used it in a handful of years, but dang is that a great sounding amp.

2 Likes

I was thinking to get this as a more practical solution.

Edit: Wow there are so many options with lower prices:

https://www.strumentimusicali.net/default.php/cPath/21_147_591/Amplificatori-per-Chitarra/Stand-per-Amplificatori.html

2 Likes

I had one of these and it was great.

3 Likes

Has anyone had any experience with VT Bass 200 Tech 21 combo amplifier?
http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/amplifiers/vtbass-200/

3 Likes

No, but I predict it will be amazing. Their preamps are top notch for tone, and the VT Bass DI I (briefly) owned was one of the best preamps I had ever found - it should blow more vanilla preamps like Rumble series completely away for tone, if that’s the kind of tone you are looking for.

Seriously, my VT Bass DI was the second favorite preamp I had found before I fried it. If I didn’t love my EBS so much I would have bought another by now. They sound absolutely great.

The thing to watch out for is you can almost get a Rumble 500 plus a VT Bass DI for the same ballpark or not much more than the 200W Tech21 combo. And I would rather have the Fender+Pedal myself.

6 Likes

Thanks @howard. Good to know. The luthier that upgraded my Hamer was showing me the Tech21 and it sounded great, but I had never heard of the brand.

4 Likes

They make the SansAmp line of preamps. Super good stuff, but especially the VT.

3 Likes

Supro Thunderbolt Plus! 2 knobs and the TRUTH!

35W class A, tube rectified
45W class A/B, tube rectified
60W class A/B, silicon rectified

And a 15" speaker

My buddy (guitar player) has a Supro Statesman 2 channel on a 12", and a Supro Black Magick 15" extension cab. The Statesman’s first channel is the classic Thunderbolt, so we disconnected the onboard 12" and went straight into the 15" and it’s amazing!

So yeah, I pulled the trigger and bought this bad boy. Running my Gibson SG through it… Yeah, that’s the sound!

3 Likes

@seanbo I got one of those orange crushs mines a 25 practice amp… Do you live in uk as I thought they were only made in uk.

A lot of people here really rate the fender rumbles and I probably would have gone with that if id read it before i bought but im really happy with this… It looks cool and totally goes with my colour scheme

6 Likes