Show us your amps

Lovely :heart_eyes:
I really dig the sound of the Ashdown amps.

5 Likes

This may be a little OTT for bedroom practice. :thinking:

Behold… the mighty Bass Rig of DOOM! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ashdown Geezer Butler HoD
G-K Neo IV 2x10

24 Likes

Wow :star_struck:
A little bit OTT indeed for bedroom practice :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Better to have practice amp which can easily gig, than having to buy another once gigs happen.

@HowlinDawg Next step getting GK amp.

4 Likes

Well, I think the current amp is just perfect :star_struck:

6 Likes

Oh damn! We NEED sound demo’s now! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This is one of those….it looks so damn badass that if it sounds good it’s simply a bonus, lol.

Congrats, that’s kickass!

7 Likes

When is the party? I’ll bring my own cord :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

LOL, thanks guys.

Still playing around with the sound shaping options and haven’t even tried the DI and Headphone outputs yet, but so far it’s exceeding my expectations!

6 Likes

Dang! That is a fine looking setup. I will say that the Geezer head made it onto my radar a few days ago and man is it a nice looking piece. Can’t wait to hear it in action.

5 Likes

Im still waiting to hear if you think I screwed you over with this suggestion.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, it wasn’t just your suggestion. I tried before buying.

It was a toss up between G-K and glockenklang for quality but the G-K was slightly more compact for my space.

5 Likes

A few months back, I bought a Mesa D800+ with a 1-15 Cab, it sounds incredible and although they are pricey, would highly recommend to anyone. A wall of sound that’s easy to transport without killing my back!

15 Likes

Your THR is looking bashful :wink:

4 Likes

Mesa is amazing, such good engineering work imo. Just a tad expensive and hard to come by in Europe.

Think I only played a Mesa amp once via my Helix.

4 Likes

Damn this looks sick! Nice one :metal:

4 Likes

Time to reorganize my work and music space :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

… and get a rug… maybe :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Yeah, a rug might really tie all that together

5 Likes

Nice setup! That Sandberg :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Here are my two companions : a Fender Rumble 100v3 and a Spark Mini from positivegrid.

I got the FR100 for the price of the FR50, so I … couldn’t resist much. And that was a good idea : the thing packs a punch, plus it sounds just awesome in a lot of ways.
The positivegrid might be an overpriced gadget, but some features are top notch, absolutely excellent and fun :

• smart jam, an IA that create a backtrack after your riffs
  • acts as an audio interface with great mobility (that works with linux, usb-class compliant)
  • simulate renowned amps and pedals that can be downloaded and tweaked from a mobile app.

Despite that, it also has some issues sound wise (unexpected white noises etc). I don’t have that much problem with it myself (i feel quite lucky) but forums are filled with it.
So considering the hefty price and the possible issues, keep in mind that I don’t recommend it unless you know when you’re stepping into. That’s it ! Thank you for reading !

9 Likes