Show us your amps

That thing sounds so so good.
It was that of the Phil Jones 120 for me.
I picked the Phil Jones for portability and it can be used with virtually any instrument. At home it’s hooked up to my drum pad and beat buddy. It’s like there’s a very loud annoying drummer in the room now, but not a space hog.

3 Likes

The micro sounds amazing but you would have hated the fan. It was way too noisy for my liking.

PJ gear is dead silent. Some of them amps even work without fans. They are good at engineering :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I have not noticed a fan on it, will have to go look. Lol.

1 Like

actually yes, Ampeg did a great job with the Micro-VR. strangely it has nothing in common with a SVT-VR, electronically speaking … but it stills sound quite close, and most importantly, pretty good.

6 Likes

Don’t forget it looks cute too!

4 Likes

I must agree :grin:

5 Likes

This.
I really liked the Micro VR but the cooling fan was audible at bedroom practice levels. I think it’s really meant for small venues.

I also noticed that the Aux input only goes to the headphone rather than through the speakers.

The Micro-CL (100W) on the other hand was very quiet in operation and the Aux input can be blended with the bass signal and played through the cab so great for jamming with a backing track. They’re very tempting as a rumble / katana alternative.

7 Likes

My old 120W tube guitar head on top of my 4x10 :joy:

Bass sounded GREAT through this setup. Clean and dirty.

Guitars not as good as I remembered but back then I had a big 2x12 paired with this head. I also used my G6 in the FX loop which sounded better. Cab sim tightened the palm mutes up and it was pretty glorious.

7 Likes

Cool amp!

4 Likes

It’s an Ibanez Thermion TN120; their brief foray into high-gain tube amps. I paid like $600 for it in 2006 or 07. 5 12AX7s in the preamp, a 12AX7 effects loop tube. You can even use the footswitch to engage the effects loop tube as a lead boost or whatever.

5 Likes

Love the kitty cat!!! I can’t get the 3 of mine to be still long enough to get a picture :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

JCM800 series cabinet. 2 times 12" and one 15" in one cabinet. Loud as hell and pretty nicely balanced with low and high sounds. Amp is Peavey Megabass 2 * 200w (or was it 250).

Good combination for home, training place and even for a gig in smaller venue.

10 Likes

Just picked up the Mark VI and 115 to add to my 210.

10 Likes

Just picked up another Genzler Magellan 350 head so I could put it on the BA10-2 add a mounting kit and I have a separate amp to take with me. Even just one BA10-2 is plenty enough for a small venue. Love Genzler.

11 Likes

@Al1885’s bass emporium! :laughing:

4 Likes

Thanks @RuknRole

The head can take up to 3 BA cabs so I got up to 3 but I realized that my shed could not hold it together when I use 3, lol. A great deal came along with the Magellan 350 so why not? Lol.

4 Likes

:metal::smile:

wasn’t sold on it with the ESP they gave me to try a few amps out, sounds solid with the yamaha though :smiley:

16 Likes

I picked up this Ampeg RB-110 a couple weeks ago. I wanted a travel friendly amp. It’s small enough and only weighs 22 lbs. and it’s more powerful than I will ever need for a “travel” amp. It looks good too!
(The knobs are all wonky because I wiped it down for the photos, those are not my settings)

15 Likes

Just got this a few days ago:

15 Likes

Now that is nice…

5 Likes