Show us your amps

That looks rather meaty.
Can see why your neighbours would love it, it must sound grand

6 Likes

Woah! Nice amp!

5 Likes

Hey, Paul,

Do yourself a favor and keep it!

I had an Ampeg SVT-CL 300 Watt w/ 2-10 & 1-15 Stack…practical gave it away to a friend and I wish now that I am back playing with a band again that I kept the darn thing!

5 Likes

@Paul Why are you considering selling it?

3 Likes

Mainly because lack of space. My son took over two rooms (sleep and study) so I lost most of my storage space. All my music gear is in the living room. That’s why I am so invested in compact solutions, these days I do everything via pedals and a decent FRFR speaker.

The nice thing with above setup is that I can also play my guitars with it. I like synths too but I got that hobby under control.

Ugh maybe I should just invest in a good loadbox/attenuator and be done with it :laughing:

5 Likes

I’ve seen good reviews on this one.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LittleBAB--jhs-little-black-amp-box-passive-amp-attenuator

4 Likes

Standard Fender Rumble 40 with a white cat for tonal upgrade. It’s hard to put a value on how much the cat improves the jam but I’d say it’s at least a 20% upgrade.

In all seriousness though, she doesn’t stay sitting there for long once the amp starts rumbling.

9 Likes

I used to have one just like it. His name was Casper.

4 Likes

Thanks, yeah this one is great! I actually have one at home. It works really well if your amp has a FX loop.

5 Likes

Are we still talking about the cat?

4 Likes

5 Likes

We need to get that cat a Tort collar! :joy:

7 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

You mean a Salami collar? I don’t think it would last very long!

5 Likes

I can’t believe I haven’t posted these yet.
My first amp was a Fender Rumble 100, which was great. I never took the volume past 4 until I tried to jam with a drummer. Cranked it all the way up and I couldn’t hear myself at all.

So then I bought an Ampeg BA 210. This thing is amazing! Plenty loud for anything I’ve ever done, which is not much, but still.

Then I got an Ampeg Micro-VR with matching 210 cab. I play this every day. It’s my main practice amp and it just looks really cool.

Also got an Ampeg PF 500 from Reverb, just in case I ever play a real gig some day. I paired it with 2, 410 cabs from Seismic Audio. Luckily my closest neighbors live across the street so when I want to be loud I only bother my family.

And lastly, for fun, I got a TC Electronics BAM 200 and a Seismic 115. This sounds really good together. I’d like to get a second 115 which I think would sound awesome.

9 Likes

Nice amps! 8 x 10 is some serious speaker power :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Right? I really need to get some gigs lined up. I have plans, but the guys I play with… well we just have so much other stuff going on it’s hard to get together to practice. I live in a small town, so finding any other guys my age that also like the same music is really hard. But, I’m still hopeful.

3 Likes

What a great collection. At least if @John_E ever stops by, you will have an amp/cabinet for each of his basses :rofl:

3 Likes

It didn’t seem like a lot until I listed them all out like that. :thinking:
I did take the Rumble down to my nephew for his band to use, so that’s something… maybe an excuse to finally get an Orange combo. I, like many others here, have no impulse control.

3 Likes

I am right there with you :crazy_face: An Orange combo would be nice to have.

3 Likes