Show us your amps

about $262,000 each. So that’s about 95 Marshall amps for 1 kidney.

6 Likes

I could get a Lemmy signature Rickenbacker at that too :crazy_face:

6 Likes

A little more and you could probably buy the cemetery and have Lemmy!

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Look what I found @howard

7 Likes

Yeah I saw that! Lemmy plugin!

3 Likes

guy: hey lemmy, here’s a plugin!

lemmy: a what the fuck now

7 Likes

To be honest that was my reaction @itsratso :joy:
I honestly wouldn’t have a clue what to do with it

5 Likes

Picked up my first amp today, though not a clue how it sounds with my bass as I don’t have a cable yet to plug in my guitar (that’s a mission for tomorrow - handily in the town I work they still have music shops)

So here’s my first foray into the world of amplication…

It’s 25w with an 8" speaker.
On the back it also has a line out port, plus an effects in/out.

Found it second hand, for the grand sum of £30 ($35 or thereabouts for those of you across the water)

I’ll report back once I’ve plugged in the Aria later this week.

7 Likes

It’s actually kinda cool that it has a high and low input. What does it do and is it for bass or guitar?

3 Likes

Not a clue - it is specifically for bass so not sure.

Hang on, checked the website - and I quote:
" The amp features High and Low inputs for matching to active or passive bass guitar electronics and output levels."

4 Likes

Ah okay so it’s probably an input for a passive or active bass. So high or low signal output.

Good fun figuring it all out.

4 Likes

Already posted :joy:

4 Likes

Certainly a short-lived mystery…

3 Likes

The Lemmy plugin mutes all notes below the 5th and above the 9th fret on any given string and boosts those from frets 5 to 9.

4 Likes

Interesting @MC-Canadastan :thinking:

1 Like

Hey, you got it! Congratulations! I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of the Aria through it.

6 Likes

So first up, I haven’t put it past 2 out of 10 on the volume (I was under the impression a 25w amp was on the smaller quieter side) as it is rather loud…

More to the point though I haven’t been able to try it out properly as I have an issue with my guitar/pickup it would appear. I’ve opened a new topic for this.

All the palava of getting the amp (90 minute round trip) then going to the music shop near work for a cable all seems to have been in vain.

3 Likes

My home “PA system” is still work in progress. I sold a few of my amps already and I might sell my Ampeg V4B. Not sure tho… It looks and sounds amazing and my neighbours love it when I plug it in :joy:

13 Likes

I love the V4B

6 Likes