Show us your amps

yes @eric.kiser , I sold it yesterday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@PamPurrs

I think the quality is really very similar for that entire series, just more firepower as you go up… I actually started with a 40, decided early on I wanted something bigger and probably had the 100 about 6 months. At that point I started gaining a little confidence and the idea that I might actually be able to start playing with others at some point convinced me to go bigger. Although truth be told, from what I read the 100 is a decent size for small venues, restaurants, etc
I happened to find a really good deal on ebay for a used 500 in mint condition. A guys father had passed, so he was selling all his musical gear. My 100 sold really quickly- i just priced it with shipping at amount that was average or perhaps a little below. I think the Rumble series is very popular, so it would just need to be at rate that makes sense as compared with buying new.

3 Likes

a few heads

5 Likes

Holy Sh!t!!! :open_mouth:

just to says hello

VAC Hayseed 30 , a boutique amp based on the Vox AC30. There is one EF86 channel from the AC30/4 and the Top Boost channel of a 1963 JMI AC30/6, with high end transformers and speakers and everything.

I modded this amp a little bit to adjust the overall bandwith between the vintage-spec JMI AC30 and the capabilities of the more modern Heyboer transformers. I plan to mod it more and add a SE/PP (class A/AB like the Mesa Boogie SimulClass thing) switch which would allow different output power : 4, 8, 18 and 36w. currently it has “only” 18 and 36w, which is insanely loud for this kind of amp. I used to gig with this amp and I always used the 18w mode …

9 Likes

My Rumble has arrived! A whole day early.
As already said - You all have seen a rumble 100

Cat didn’t get on it. As always with new things the cat is more interested in the package than the new thing itself:

I let my cat quickly inspect the package for any damages:

And then have a look at the amp itself:

I hope she doesn’t keep it up with scratching my amp :cold_sweat:

11 Likes

Congrats on the Rumble 100, @juli0r . . . :wink:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

Get yourself a scratching post, introduce the post to catnip, and position it riiiight next to your new Rumble. Stat.
You’ll regret it if you don’t. The amp is definitely a scratching post to her.

Or… you do what I did. My cats never touch the amp, or my expen$ive Focals. Never.

Wait… you will ask me what it was that I did, right?
Frankly, my dear, I haven’t a clue. Maybe it’s just who they are.

3 Likes

She doesn’t care.
I do own a bunch of scratching posts and scratching boards and scratching whatevers.

The only hope I have is that it was just a response to me petting her. She does that. When I pet her she looks for the next thing to scratch on after stretching out.

Cats in a nutshell… :smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations @juli0r

2 Likes

Ampeg Micro CL
More than enough for the house (and the neighbors). Love this ampq

8 Likes

4 Likes

rocktron

4 Likes

I have an SWR WorkingMan 15.
I am looking for an SWR WorkingMan 10, or LA10.

I want a 10 inch speaker for my practice amp. I am using my 15" right now and it is a bit too muddy for my close quarters. I have a WorkingMan 410 speaker cab add on for it, but that will be used if I ever play with others and need it. for now, I wan one of the smaller ones.

how do you like the LA15? I love the WorkingMan, except for what I said above.
The LA15 has way less controls, which I actually think I want for a practice amp. Does it have an effects loop? I don’t need it for a practice amp, but its nice if it has it, but I don’t think it does.
I love the simple controls on the LA amp tho, so I am hoping to find 10" in the local Offer Up or Let Go market. I will take a 12 if I have to, but 10 would be better.

2 Likes

so, here is my current bass amp setup. the Marshall Valvestate 80 works incredibly good to amplify the Bass POD Pro. way better than expected. the sound and dynamics are both excellent, and 80 watts are more than enough for my current needs.

I use the “Return” input to bypass the Marshall preamp and use only the power amp and speaker, which is a Celestion 12" by the way.

6 Likes

There is no effects loop, line out, head phones, mix in none of which I use. As a matter of fact I don’t use this amp much at all. I bought it for my boy and he used it a few times and I used it at the house once. It’s not very loud for 100 watts but it is thick and rich. Currently I use the rocktron 20 for practicing since I do most of my playing in my office after hours. In the apartment, japanese houses, I can hear the neighbors snore the one time I did play this at the house I was mean mugged by the neighbor for a week.

3 Likes

Thank you, thats the deal killer for me. I will be sticking to finding an SWR WorkingMan 10, or WorkingPro 10, or Black Beauty 10, or even just go get this Gallien Krueger combo with 2 ten inch speakers. I need headphones for the late night practice / jamming

2 Likes

sorry T, miss typed there is no effects loop…there is “line out, head phones, mix in” none of which I use

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. The SWR LA10 is back on my list.
Thank Dog, They are more easily found then the others. :wink:

2 Likes