Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Love that “big girl bass “

4 Likes

Liking both those basses @astephens13

Tempted to get a U Bass in future myself

4 Likes

The U Bass is a lot of fun - I definitely recommend it. I leave it out and find myself picking it up several times a day. The fat rubber strings take some getting used to, though.

6 Likes

Just an FYI @mikeyjayjay you can buy U Basses with metal strings. Mine came with rounds but I put on flats. Great fun and surprisingly good sound for such a tiny bass. The sound in the video is obviously through the amp. Acoustically it’s very quiet.

10 Likes

Loving that bassline @Barney
Thanks for sharing the comparison video and the information regards string options

Dare I say, it looks like you were having more fun on the U Bass…

4 Likes

Ahhh, you have come to the right place :smiling_imp: Meet us in the GAS thread. You’ll fit right in :grin:

4 Likes

Wow, that U bass really thumps. I don’t think I was prepared to hear that, luckily I was sitting down :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

OK your basses are cool but also how great is that case? The fake crushed velvet interior of all my Yorkville cases gets a little old. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I bought this bass back in May. It had been dropped like a couple others I just saw in this thread. I filled the cracks with red enamel mixed with super glue and sanded it smooth. I like how it turned out. It gives it a bit of personality.
IMG_5695.HEIC
IMG_5696.HEIC
IMG_5697.HEIC

20 Likes

Pretty badass. It looks like it’s bleeding.

5 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

Yeah I like that too, cool effect.

3 Likes

Will do! Then we can talk about the couple of pedals that showed up this week and the Phil Jones Bass amp… :rofl:

4 Likes

@cg_postbunk yeah the cheetah spot lining on the official cat bass bag is pretty great!

4 Likes

Hey all,

This one is rather plain but I’ve been enjoying going through the B2B lessons with this buttercream Fender Player. Originally, I scored an Ibanez Gio 200GSR on FB marketplace prior to this bass but I wasn’t into it’s tones and after seeing Josh’s and crew’s thoughts on the Gio I thought about finding a better bass. So I went off to the local Sam Ash to trade it towards this buttercream beauty.

I’ve since added a second bass to my arsenal but I’ll save that for another post…

24 Likes

Sometimes plain looks are stellar players. It looks great to me. I bet it plays like buttah!

8 Likes

Thanks Eddie! It was in amazing shape and the neck is so silky smooth. They have since ordered in another buttercream Jazz and a P Bass at that store. I inspected them both and neither neck has as smooth as a feel as the one I took home! I must have got lucky. :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice bass! Buttercream is the best color ever!
Put a tort pickguard on that and you have perfection! :+1:

8 Likes

I think it looks great. @RuknRole had a great suggestion if you want to personalize/customize it a little more. Sometimes the simplest things are the most elegant.

8 Likes

Very nice bass!

4 Likes