Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Yamaha TRBX604 is 4kg dead even, with strap. So without strap call it about 8 pounds.

1 Like

4 kg (8.8 lbs) for my Greenie P with the hi-mass bridge, and 3.7 kg (8.2 lbs) for the Yamaha SBV

1 Like

Nice instruments!!!..but I do have a suggestion…I mounted hangers on the wall for my 2 basses, but I don’t trust just using the drywall to hold the weight. I would make sure to run the screws into a wall stud then ya have no worries!

2 Likes

Here is my “Pelham blue” Epiphone EB-0 short scale bass. There was ALOT of ground noise, so changed out the pickup to be a DiMarzio DP120 Model One bass pickup (only one pickup, so its gotta be good). Also lined the electronics cavity with copper foil and this seemed to take care of the ground noise.

The setup seemed hard to adjust with the original tailpiece so I replaced with a Hipshot Supertone bass bridge. Strings are much higher now and way less fret buzz. Also changed the strings for smooth wire which I must say I really appreciate the soft touch of.

10 Likes

I am so very in love with that color.

1 Like

13 Likes

oh nice one, very 90’s !

1 Like

Very nice-looking bass!

Welcome to the Forums, @Kenney . . . :+1:

All best, Joe

1 Like

I love those fret markers.

2 Likes

Nice bass and welcome here!

1 Like

I don’t know how to play yet. My dad was an avid bass player. He passed away in August. This is not a bass that he normally played, but he loved the looks of it. I decided to buy it from my stepmom so that I could learn and play with my uncles (drums and steel) like my dad did. The bass is an Ibanez soundgear SRX 520 ex 1.

18 Likes

Great-looking bass, @Prostang945

Welcome aboard and we hope you enjoy your time here! :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

This is my Squire Affinity P-Bass. I saw this bass in a second hand shop and bought it on the spot.
Much better than the Tanglewood Rebel 4K I originally bought to learn on
Paul

7 Likes

Such a great bass to start. I have the same one and has never let me down.

2 Likes

Great bass @studio, has a great sound. I have the same one and has never let me down.

2 Likes

nice one, first it’s a P and that’s cool :grin: but also I like the P/J pickups configuration and the color scheme.

2 Likes

I chose to start my one man band playing a Fender Aerodyne J Bass - MIJ. Mostly due to the fender name, the made in Japan on the back of the neck, and finally the looks. I think I made a good choice, I’m certainly enjoying it so far even though my fingers are about to go on strike. They are making their “bass hurts” signs as we speak. Anyone have any thoughts or preferably experience with the Schecter SLS Elite 4 Evil twin?

10 Likes

Great bass, @Amaury! I was looking to get one of those, more specifically the one in dolphin grey, but you have to import them from Japan yourself, and the extra costs for customs, VAT and shipping are just a bit too much… Oh well, will keep my eyes open for a used one in my neck of the woods :grin:

Oh, and sorry, no experience with Schecter basses!

1 Like

There is one on Ebay for $996. Fender / Japan Exclusive Aerodyne Jazz Bass Dolfin Grey color Basswood body. Here is the link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/323421078943

2 Likes

and a used one for less, $699, which also looks good. Here is that link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-AERODYNE-JAZZ-BASS-Rare-Dolphin-Gray-MIJ-CIJ-Matched-Head-P-Bass-PU-33970/223516935461?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160323102634%26meid%3Df8adf3e87c8148adbf39fd1d1e1dac0b%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D323421078943%26itm%3D223516935461%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

2 Likes