Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

actually that last picture killed my “looks good” comment. Maybe save up and get the new one if you’re really into it.

1 Like

Yeah, I think I saw those, @Amaury - thanks! However, I am in Europe, so…

I realize the Japanese will ship to Denmark (your first link), but the Danish state will slap some decent amount of VAT on it, plus customs, plus fees for their troubles, … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Haha, yes, the finish is pretty finicky, I guess. You must be seeing EVERYTHING on your black one :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, aren’t governments wonderful.

3 Likes

There is a Lake Placid Blue one used in Germany (also quite rare outside Japan, as far as I know)… not quite as cool as the Dolphin Grey, I think, and also the guy is asking a little too much for a used one… But, with this, I wouldn’t run into any customs etc issues…

Oh well… :smile:

1 Like

I like the Lake Placid Blue color :grin: and the Aerodyne is cool with its P pickup and bound body.

1 Like

@studio, where did you get the cool Bass Buzz sticker?

1 Like

Ah, now that would be telling😋

My basses.
I’ve been playing 2 years and just had one (the red MIJ Fender P in first pic) until this year when I ended up buying 4 more.
I only really wanted to buy 1 more - the black affinity which I wanted as a beater bass for open mic’ nights, but one thing lead to another and I ended up with a further 3, making a total of 5.

First pic 1984/5 MIJ (FujiGen) Candy Apple Red Fender Precision, and 1993/4 MIJ (FujiGen) Olympic White (I think) Squier Precision.
The Candy Apple Red MIJ Fender P has DiMarzio DP122 pickup.

Second pic 2 x 2013 Indonesia (Cort) Squier Vintage Modified Jazz.
Candy Apple Red and Arctic White
The white one came with EMGX active pickups and upgraded pots, black high mass bridge, and matching black tuners, already fitted.
Both are totally unblemished. Well, they were before I got hold of them lol.

Third pic 2004 China Squier Affinity Precision that I bought for open mic nights. This has the pickup from the red E Series MIJ Fender P in the first pic.

All superb.

5 Likes

That’s a really nice collection, @Mark_D :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

Thanks Joe, I feel quite lucky.
I just need to get better at playing them now

2 Likes

I like the red P :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Isn’t that a Jazz??? Ah, sorry, other red one :grin:

4 Likes

First one’s a P, second is a J :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh my god I have Bass Envy? Pelham Blue? Hipshot bridge? DiMarzio Humbucker? Can you see my tears, can you?

1 Like

I’m totally new to bass and haven’t played music in over 30 years. Used to play a bit of organ when I was a kid but I never got into it. I picked up this Kona bass, put some colored strings on it (thought it would help me a bit to tell each of them apart!), and am hoping to at least have some fun with it by taking these lessons.

It is a cheap bass - no doubt about it. But, I hope to learn on it and (if I like it), perhaps get something better in the future.

6 Likes

Good for you, @cmalnyk :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard and hope you enjoy the course!

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

don’t worry too much : my new P bass is certainly worse than yours :sweat_smile: :rofl:

2 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like