Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

Thanks muff, that makes me love this guitar even more now!

2 Likes

The multicolored strings are interesting :smiley:

2 Likes

I was so impressed with my Harley Benton P Bass that I decided to pull the trigger on their Jaco style fretless J Bass. It arrived today so here are my impressions so far.
Great quality - alder body, maple neck, pau ferro finger board. It came nicely set up and intonated. And it looks gorgeous.
Heavy - I put it on the shipping scale at work, 11.4 lbs! Wow
Nice pickups - but not as loud as the P Bass. I had to bump the volume on my amp a couple of notches to get the same volume.
Round wound strings - Really? On a fretless? I changed them out with a set of La Bella Gold White tape wounds and they sound great.
Overall I am again very impressed. Hard to beat for the price.

4 Likes

I wasn’t aware that La Bella even made tape wounds. When I changed my bass to tape wounds, I searched for La Bella, but nothing came up. I ended up with D’Addario black tape wounds. The only thing I don’t like about them, they’re hard to see against the black fret board on my bass. They sound great though.
I really like those gold ones you got.

4 Likes

Yes, they definitely stand out against the dark wood. I really like the sound as well. They are much brighter than the black tape wounds I’ve tried in the past and seem to have better sustain. Of course, they’ve only been on there since noon so time will tell. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

They’re called “sharkfin” inlays. They do provide a nice sense of dread,:metal: Metal!

1 Like

Very nice, @joeike! . . . :+1:

2 Likes

Found Josh’s beginner bass youtube video. Noticed the Yamaha TRBX304 was on everyone’s list. I asked my wife, the musical genius and social butterfly that she is, if she knew a guy who could get me something similar.

Turns out, she knows a Yamaha dealer and convinced him to give it to me at the factory cost, so I got it for around $250.

8 Likes

Very nice and a good price

1 Like

Sweet! That’s a nice looking bass.

1 Like

Nice. She’s a keeper. The wife and the bass.

2 Likes

Hi there! My name is Patricia and I’m new here. Started to play two weeks ago and loving it! Should have started years ago… but hey, never too old to learn I guess?

This is my Squier PJ Bass, perfect for my beginner skills. I think it’s really badass in all black

19 Likes

@ptreez that IS an awesome looking bass. Welcome to the forum. We need more Bad Ass Bass Gals here!

4 Likes

@PamPurrs Thanks!

2 Likes

oh yeah, one more Precision to the world ! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@ptreez Nice Bass and Welcome to the BassBuzz forum.

When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself! thread.

2 Likes

Hi @ptreez! I’ve got the same bass!

2 Likes

I’m normally not a huge fan of black as a color for guitars but that black on black with white trim looks fantastic.

2 Likes

I love that black on black. I’m not always big on black guitars either, but there’s just something about that black on black that I love. I’m actually rebuilding an old Squier 51 electric guitar with that same look. Anyways, good luck!

3 Likes

@eric.kiser I tell her that every night! I just need to also tell my wife as well! (JK! I love my wife!)

3 Likes