Show Us Your Basses (Part 1)

I’m so jealous. I’ve always wanted to play an upright bass but they’re crazy expensive where I live, not to mention huge, I’d never get it in my car lol. I will own one one day tho. I promised myself. Enjoy it! I’d love to see a vid of you playing it.

3 Likes

You’ve never heard the song “Touch of Gray”? It’s a good one.

2 Likes

Yes, it is.

1 Like

Nope.

I do dimly recall a song about Casey Jones, I think that was the Dead. Memory’s fuzzy on that one, though.

4 Likes

That’s it, “Casey Jones.” A fan fave and one that many others have heard, even tangentially.

2 Likes

This is my last two for a while. Two more whale basses. Both 32” scale. The headless is fretted with EMG active electronics and the 4 string is fretless with passive Bartolini electronics. Both play wonderfully!

21 Likes

Nice pale moon ebony fretboard, those basses a definitely growing on me.

6 Likes

Thing of beauty.

5 Likes

Stunning! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Very nice!!

3 Likes

Natalies solo work is worth checking out.

https://youtu.be/GryxQEhYRr4

Wow, these are just stunning!

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m liking it. It sounds great for a passive bass. I did a set up and now it plays like butter.

4 Likes

This is my collection. The Embassy and the 70’s P-bass are fitted with Rotosound flats, the T-bird and the Tele-P-bass with rounds :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: the tele and the Thunderbird are gone. :sob:
They had to make way for a Sandberg that’s on order. :partying_face:

25 Likes

A fellow Dutchie! Welkom :smiley: Love the Thunderbird.

4 Likes

Thanks! Gezellig! :grinning:

3 Likes

Beautiful collection!

5 Likes

Well as much as I liked the jazz bass, the poor wiring (and the truss rod nut super tight bothered me :smile:) shouldn’t be an issue on a brand new bass at over £400 :confused:

Went back to the shop today, very nice man happily agreed to exchange it, no questions asked :+1:

Came back home with a rather nice feeling Yamaha TRBX504 :smiley:
Pretty much everything I loved about the jazz bass besides the colour (not too different anyway though really :man_shrugging:)

17 Likes

Nice! Excellent bass, one that can take you a long ways. You could gig with it no problem. I used a 604 for a lot of recording.

Sounds way more rich and full than the typical J-bass sound IMO but I am not the biggest fan of J pickups.

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of Ibanez SR series. I have an Ibanez SR500BM. I’ve had a Fender Rebel short scale. An Ibanez sound gear Gio. A Peavey (late 90’s tiger eye maple) Cirrus. I’m going to sweetwater next month to check out a new REVEREND “Thundergun” Bass. The neck pickup is like a Pbass. The bridge pickup is like a Music Man. And the neck profile is only a millimeter thicker than my Ibanez. I have high hopes for that one. Sexy as Hell. Simple controls. Let’s face it. The venerable Pbass is a Me Too bass. As in, oh you have a Pbass? Me too!

2 Likes