Show Us Your Basses (Part 2)

I finally figured out how to get photos from my phone to the desktop! Woohoo!

Andrew.

16 Likes

My itch to buy and learn the bass coincided with a 10th anniversary sale at a local music shop. On Wednesday, I purchased the Warlock and Peavy Max150 at a great price. That evening, the shop advertised to Cort. The next day, it was home as well… Now comes the learning phase.

18 Likes

Buys two basses before learning to play. You’re going to fit in very well here. :wink:

Congratulations on the basses!

11 Likes

I gotta consider them motivational tools……lol

8 Likes

My new Harley Benton JP-45OP just arrived. The fit and finish are excellent and it sounds great through the little 3 watt headphone amp I keep at work. I’ll give it a proper setup with some LaBella flats when I get home.

20 Likes

Paging @bhersh9339 to the GAS ward :grin:

6 Likes

That is a beauty mate, nice grain, burst and tort

4 Likes

This is my super Purple Sparkling Sterling by Music Man Stingray Ray34.
I really really love the deep warm sound of this guitar.

26 Likes

You had me at Sparkling Purple!

…and Stingray. Gorgeous! Congrats.

6 Likes

Had a bit of GAS before seriously trying to start learning… they just kind of started appearing. :man_shrugging:

23 Likes

you are the forum’s new hero.

also a nice rug would really tie the room together.

10 Likes

Oh, I like how you did the bass hangars.

Welcome to BassBuzz!

6 Likes

That is most impressive out of the gate.

9 Likes

Whew! If you one day decided you’d rather wanted to support a struggling 3rd world country, I am sure we can find some candidates for you :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks!

I got it over here: Best Guitar Wall Mount Hangers | Guitar Hooks | diamondLife

They run sales occasionally, and looks like they are at the moment.

The hangers themselves, I’m maybe not in love with, but the actual slat board itself is excellent. I find that their hangers aren’t super wide, so on my 5 strings I have to have the bass turned when I slide it in, and then rotate. Construction wise, the hangars are awesome though. You can order them in different hanging lengths if you want to turn the guitars sideways to hang more of them, etc.

4 Likes

Haha, there is a rug its just comically undersized. I used a spare rug we had at the house already. We repainted the room and installed the floor recently after tearing out all the carpet.

It’s for sure on the list of things to get, but I also don’t have a StingRay yet… :thinking:

6 Likes

Rug shmrug. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That room is masterfully tied together with the dazzling wall color and copious amount of basses. :star_struck:

5 Likes

Great start but you’ve got plenty room for more, even after the Stingray. Keep ‘em coming!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Kennocha . I hope you realise that if you were looking for someone to dissuade you from buing basses, you couldn’t have picked a worse address.

I mean, this is the iniquitous den of GASer Hood and his Merry Band of Enablers.

Oh, BTW, there’s not a single Peavey bass on that hanger.

5 Likes

Nice. I am guessing the Dingwall and Spector are on the floor because those are the two keepers you actually play? :rofl:

Nice finish on the far right Ibanez BTW, looks a lot like my TRBX604 did.

Very nice set of instruments there.

5 Likes